Puberty in Nudism Family Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 12, 2010 at 07:19 AM

Our son is currently entering puberty and loves to go with us to nude resorts. However we know many resorts frown on the erection, but I say cut the kid a break. My question to other parents of kids in puberty, do they lose interest in being nude with you or others? Any issues with male puberty changes in resorts and what do you suggest your sons? I know of families with daughters who had to wear swim bottoms with their first periods is that the best suggestion for them? If we don't keep kids enjoying nudism and the clubs at some point we will run out of members and new people to keep the passion alive. Thoughts on puberty and kids in nudism.
  • 12Comments

• View author's info Posted on Sep 25, 2017 at 08:02 AM

Quoting outdoornude1967:

Our son is currently entering puberty and loves to go with us to nude resorts. However we know many resorts frown on the erection, but I say cut the kid a break. My question to other parents of kids in puberty, do they lose interest in being nude with you or others? Any issues with male puberty changes in resorts and what do you suggest your sons? I know of families with daughters who had to wear swim bottoms with their first periods is that the best suggestion for them? If we don't keep kids enjoying nudism and the clubs at some point we will run out of members and new people to keep the passion alive. Thoughts on puberty and kids in nudism.

That can be a tough nut to crack.

My daughter was raised as a nudist and spent much of her preteen years naked with us at home or at the resort.  Then puberty kicked in fast and early.  She quickly went to a happy naked kid to a very self-conscious reluctant kid.  She still went nude with us as a matter of habit; but it was clear she wasn't as enthusiastic about socializing and playing naked as she once was.

We had an open door policy at home; so when she then started closing doors to change or bathe, I was concerned.  I brought it up with my wife, who told me nudity had become a problem for her; and the only reason she still went nude was so that I wouldn't be disappointed with her.  So I decided to have a chat with her one day after we'd came home and got naked as usual.  She pretended to be comfortable sitting naked in front of me but it was quite clear she wasn't.  Looking at her I realized how much her body had changed, seemingly overnight.  She now had breasts and pubic hair; and she was quite aware of the fact that she didn't look quite the same anymore.  I told her I wouldn't be disappointed in her if she didn't want to be naked around me as much; and I could tell she was relieved.  

Her Mom and I tried to find ways to get her comfortable with her changing body for a while.  But to no avail; she completely lost interest in being nude in front of other people.

This scenario is fairly common with girls who develop prematurely.  My daughter had been around nudist teen girls, so she knew what to expect as she grew older.  But I think it happened for her so quickly that she just wasn't prepared for it.  I've seen other nudist girls who had less issues with puberty; often because they had close nudist girl friend or siblings they grew up with.  

Oh well.

• View author's info Recommended Posted on Oct 19, 2015 at 08:10 PM

We started going to a local nudist resort while our kids were young.  We noticed that when our son entered puberty that he was reluctant to go with us.  We were all usually nude at home so had noticed that he got erections all the time.  My wife told me she didn't mind seeing him erect so nothing was said.  When we asked why he didn't want to go anymore he said that he was afraid of getting an erection and the other kids making fun of him.  My wife just told him if he felt one coming on to come stand behind her while she got him a towel.  He said that sounded easy so he continued going.  we never had a problem even when he was to far away and ended up wilking up with a full erection.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 13, 2015 at 08:24 AM

Don't know about clubs much but have found that generally on beaches erections on boys under 14 are accepted. Over that they are assumed to be able to control themselves. Although as long as they are not being obnoxious then it is tolerated. Have found that the girls (and women) wear bottoms when having a period. It's a natural part of life, just don't make them feel dirty about it.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 11, 2015 at 04:30 PM

My youngest boy is 9 1/2 and started puberty kinda early, he already has a small patch of pubes. I get lots of questions about it and all are understanding of it.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 28, 2013 at 09:30 PM

If U have a young son, under 16 y/o, and he gets a "stiffy" at a naturist resort - SO what. 
    He's Be-Cumming a man and all should understand, since they are at a Nudist Resort, OK?
    As long he is not trying to "offer it" to any one, get over it and let the boy grow "up".

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Mar 01, 2013 at 09:33 AM

Purberty is hard enough on them to be desciminated against.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 23, 2013 at 04:25 AM

Generally, erections of younger boys; pre-adolescents are ignored and not an issue since they are mostly the reaction to pleasure or even a little stress.  However, once the lad hits adolescence, around 12 and a half or so the erections are not so well received and displaying them is not really acceptable anywhere.  You could equate them with nose-picking, farting, zit-bursting and the like.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 23, 2012 at 02:18 AM

Firstly, there's nothing wrong with an erection. It's normal and healthy, specially in a teenager. What is wrong is to think it's that because you have an erection you're a pervert or exhibitionist. That's only in the mind of those who have issues themselves. Let's not discourage our boys from nudism by making them feel ashamed of what's natural.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 18, 2012 at 05:42 PM

I was brought up to belive erections are normal and a healthy part of life.... I think its the best way to be. I'm raising my kids up with the same beliefs. erections are nothing to be ashamed or embarressed of
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 02, 2012 at 12:43 AM

The most important thing to teach a young man dealing with erections at a nudist venue is still maintaining respect and civil behavior towards others when this happens. I mean, because there might be times when a towel is not as handy or jumping in the pool or hot tub is NOT reasonable and in-line with his current activities.

I believe we want teenagers to grow up viewing the body's reactions to its environment as normal, as so what is a young man to do if he becomes aroused while playing volleyball? While playing horseshoes or during a three-legged race while tied to a partner? There are the types of scenarios where stopping what you are doing is inconvenient and a towel is probably not handy.

The other advice given in response to this question is very good, but I wanted to add my perspective as well because I believed a few situations where overlooked!

Enjoy yourself, be yourself and respect yourself!

Young men should simply know not to going waving an erection around like a "flag" and to really conduct themselves as gentlemen even IF they become physically aroused.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 31, 2011 at 04:59 AM

We have been to both types of resorts and find it's just a matter of respecting the rules wherever you go. We have found it more comfortable to go places where there is total freedom and everyone can be themselves
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 14, 2010 at 09:12 AM

It probably depends on the resort but a generally accepted course of action when one goes erect and the management has issues with it is to either cover it up(towel should be handy anyway), roll over and get some sun on the back, or to get in the pool/hot tub.
    I beleive that not all nudist venues have issues with erections and when in your own space it is of course only your business. Kids usually get very self consious at that stage anyway and it's dificult to tell ahead what the effects of puberty will be on him. On the other hand , giving him a chance to realise that it is normal and all part of his becoming an adult can't be a bad course of action.
Follow - email me when people comment