nudists or naturist Family Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jan 13, 2006 at 12:00 PM

Tell me what is the definition and what is the difference between a nudist and a naturist?
  • 9Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 04, 2012 at 09:07 AM

I was told a long time ago that nudists have a tide mark and naturists have a life.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 01:09 AM

I'VE REALLY ENJOYED THE EXCHANGE OF
    IDEAS HERE. MOSTLY WE'VE AGREED THAT
    NUDISM/NATURISM IS A STATE OF MIND AND
    THAT HOW WE PRACTICE OUR WAY OF LIFE IS
    WHAT LABELS US. PERSONNALY I HATE LABELS. NUDITY IS A VERY PERSONAL THING
    AND WHY WE CHOOSE THIS WAY OF LIFE VERYS
    IN AS MANY WAYS AS WE ARE. WHAT WE DO IS
    OURS TO CHOOSE JUST DON'T HARM ANYONE
    WITH YOUR CHOICES..BLESSED BE..HIGHLANDER
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 28, 2008 at 11:11 AM

I am a natutist and this is the definition that I like:
    Naturism is a way of life in harmony with nature, characterized by mutual nudity, with as purpose respect for yourself, respect for others and respect for the environment.

Nudism is just about being nude. Nude recreation, indoors or outdoors. And as most people see it, Nudism is often more linked to sex.

A lot of naturists are offended when you call them nudists.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2008 at 12:45 AM

I was at Sunsport in Florida a couple of weeks ago and a group of us had a conversation about it.
    You could maybe say that nudists look forward to when they can get naked, while naturists dread having to get dressed!
    It almost seemed that naturists are more committed to living as much of life as possible naked, as it is our "natural" state of being. The people who tended to be nude at home most of the time identified themselves as naturists more.
  • View author's info Posted on May 15, 2008 at 11:09 AM

AS I'VE UNDERSTOOD IT A NUDIST GOES BACK
    TO THE MORE STRICTER SOCIETIES WHERE THERE WAS VERY LITTLE SOCIAL TOUCHING
    BETWEEN THE SEXES AND A MORE HEALTH
    CONSCIENCE WITH ALMOST NO ALCOHOL ATTITUDE. NATURISTS ARE LESS STRICT AND
    MORE SOCIALLY FREE. WE PARTY MORE PLUS
    WE ARE MORE LIKELY TO BE MORE IN TUNE WITH INCLUDING OUR ACTIVITIES AND NATURE TOGETHER.....FRANK
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 23, 2006 at 03:54 AM

Fair enough. i can understand the no touching thing cause some beaches are family orientated. there is a place and a time for it. when it comes to body acceptance i think the individual has to accept his or her body. if they feel the need to be naked its not up to the slim trim taught tanned people to Tell them to cover up. I'm not defending them as i too think that some of them need to look into their situation carefully too. that's why i think most men in that guise would not be a nudist for no other reason than to leer and get off on nakedness (especially females). well that's how i see it anyway.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 19, 2006 at 08:19 AM

No worries. Another problem that plagues the movement is the connection or lack of between health and body acceptance.
    A glance through any magazine will show many nudists are morbidly obese, men and women, yet try to tell them they are fat and unhealthy and you will have an arguement on your hands. These same people wouldn't be seen dead at a textile beach wearing anything less than a neck-to-knee. I can accept them as they are. Why can't they accept they have a health problem?
    You would be amazed a t the number of people who have no right going nude in a public place. Seriously if you were to attend a beach or venue no-one will give you a second look, tanned or not.
    The original naturist movement focused on exercise, healthy eating, no smoking or alcohol. They also banned all touching between the sexes.

Ian.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 17, 2006 at 05:23 AM

thanks mate. I am new to this way of thinking so please forgive me for being a little naive about it. i hope it blossoms for me. i am not a good looker and i sometimes feel uncomfortable about my body so maybe if i become a nudist/naturist i mite feel more confidence.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 15, 2006 at 01:50 AM

Hi, there is probably not enough room here for a full explanation. It is hotly debated in the naturist/nudist movement and will be for along time yet. Generally nudist means simply enjoying being nude socially etc while naturist suggests more of a connection with nature and the environment as was the original ideals of the FKK in Germany in the early 1900's. These days it hardly matters what you ca ll yourself. So long as you ca ll the others "textiles". Hope this helps.
    Ian.
Follow - email me when people comment