photos on the beach Family Forward to friends

• View author's info Premium Author Posted on Jan 24, 2008 at 03:02 PM

What the go with no been able to take photos on the beach anymore. A friend of mine has said she was not able to take photos of her kids playing in the water at a beach last week. and i point out not even a nude beach is it only in Australia or has this gone on else where. love to know.
  • 6Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 09, 2008 at 06:16 PM

did the camera police show up ?

or did they search your bad on the way into the public beach ?
  • View author's info Posted on May 29, 2008 at 05:45 PM

we havent had any problems kate and i suspect you wont either as long as you are sensible and not causing affront to anyone
    thats one of the advantages of living in a small town, people here to tend to have more common sense and importantly tend to use it more often than our bigger town cousins, lol
    good luck and happy snapping
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 13, 2008 at 04:10 PM

In general, any photographs taken in public areas are lawful unless taken for self gratification. This applies to changing rooms & beaches etc where mobile phone cameras could cause havoc. NSW legislation came in a few years ago in the wake of photos being taken from 'shoe cameras' looking up girls skirts and other equally perverse acts. Take a look at the NSW Parliamentary counsel site particularly the Child Care and Protection Act amendments of 2005.

There are other places where photographs are not allowed in public areas, such as Courts etc.

We've been photographed in naturist environments (private & public) a number of times, but only after our consent was asked for and granted.

Children should be protected from evil grubs who have no values, but a simple common sense approach is the best way to go. There would be no issue with taking pics of your own children.

Australian surf life saving clubs do have a fairly strict no photo policy for their nippers programs because of past incidents of 'rock spiders' with cameras lurking in the dunes behind the beaches or even out in full view of the kids. We have no problem with that, but no one's going to stop us photographing our own children and the beauty of the digital camera is the ability to review photos taken if the need arises.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 02, 2008 at 09:54 AM

Easy, just buy yourself a printer and print them. (assuming you use a digital camera)
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 29, 2008 at 02:21 AM

we've had similar rediculous things in the UK, where parents have been stopped from taking photos of their kids in school plays or sports days etc,
    this can actually be enforced if the school says "no phtography" but as i understand the law over here, if you are in a public place no one can stop you taking photos,
    over here we've got that many cctv and security cameras you spend half your life on film once you step out your front door anyway !!!!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 26, 2008 at 03:56 PM

You didn't mention if it was a park ranger or other law enforcement officer that prohibited any photos or other sun bathers at the beach.
    The beach we go to here in the USA photos are ok as long as you're carefull and not take photos of others without their permission, which is just common courtesy to get permision in the first place.
Follow - email me when people comment