More pics and originality Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 25, 2007 at 04:54 PM

Hi folks,

New here and enjoying it thus far. It's nice to have a place to meet other uninhibited people on the web, but that appeal is slightly squeezed out as the lack of member nude pics on the profiles are available.

Some members have no pics at all, and others have the fully clothed "I'm still insecure about being here" pics. Then there are the glamour pics--those who seem to be wanting to show off to try and appear hot and sexy, as though this is about sex. Are there really that many wannabes?

I can live with all of that, of course, and I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but what does get old is the smokescreen lines, lines in the profiles, like...

- "outgoing personality"
    - "loves the outdoors"
    - "long walks on the beach"

...etc.

Gag me with a spoon! These are right out of a shallow romance novel or a wanted ad! It amazes me that the people who repeat these vacuous lines aren't struck by the fact that they are rendered meaningless by their unoriginality.

People should be more specific about what and who they want. Take, for instance, profiles that are spot on...

- "someone to accompany me to resorts"
    - "not too hairy or too tall"
    - "someone to go horseback riding on a 30 acre ranch"

Now these are saying something. It's about honesty and self-expression, two things easily talked up but seldom mastered. When our emotions are involved, we humans tend not to be honest--with ourselves or others. Shame.
  • 2Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2011 at 09:16 PM

Its so easy to start photographing yourself...with todays technology all you have to do is play with the lighting and have a good photo program to play with them.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 01, 2007 at 01:30 PM

Yes it is easy to be young and self righteous about what others are. But when you've spent enough time on this earth as the rest have you'll realize we are all a little flawed. Most have "respectable" jobs that pay more than minimum wage and dont want to lose them. We have spent most of our lives on our careers and lives and havnt had the time to become "socially adept" according to the latest fashionable norms. Most of us are trying to be honest and express ourselves the best we can in a medium that is riddled with con artists and children playing games pretending to be someone their not. middle ager loser who never was cool or fashionable on his best day. You kind of see where the rest of us are coming from? Remember it is just a matter of time till some busybodies decide they dont have enough of a life and start hounding and exposing the "nudists,naturists,swingers or whatever who are on this and other sites! Then goodbye jobs ,reputations,etc. I'm still surprised there hasnt been any sensational exposes on tv on what goes on behind closed doors at resorts.So forgive us old folks for being guarded and not as politically correct or trndy as the young 20-30s clubber types.
Follow - email me when people comment