Interested in nude modeling nude modelling Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 09, 2006 at 07:16 AM

I have always been interested in nude modeling for an art class. Though I have never done this I am very comfortable being naked. Any suggestions on how a new person would get started?

Members Only

• 8Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 23, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Iʻve done a lot of nude modeling for life drawing classes.  If you havenʻt done it before, I suggest meeting with the teacher a head of time to find out what he/she requires of the students.  

My experience is that some teachers like to do quick sets of drawings where you are asked to change poses every minute or so, and they prefer varied angles and poses and do NOT want to wait while you figure out how to make your body look interesting.  You have to have a bunch of interesting angles that challenge the students to understand human anatomy and how the skeleton and muscles work AND be able to hold that pose while they draw.  Then there are longer sets where they may pose you, or ask for you to pose for a long time, sometimes 30 minutes or more.

Students and teachers appreciate when you can give them something interesting and do it quickly.  Interesting angles and torques are appreciated, but difficult to hold for the model.  

I have gotten hard on occasion because of certain poses, or the temperature of the room, but no one seemed to mind, and the teacher actually asked me for a private posing session!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Sep 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I am a part time nude model living in Davenrty, Northants in the UK.  I am willing to travel and will pose in what ever situation/position asked of me.

Kurt

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jul 16, 2011 at 07:46 PM

Dude, just contact any art school and offer to pose. You are sure to be chosen!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 04, 2006 at 12:59 PM

I am a naturist photogrpaher, I find that individuals photogrpah the best when relaxed and doing what they enjoy. I have guided hikes for nudists and if they are willing I photogrpah them along the trail at various times and almost all candidly then we do some staged shots by some exceptional back drops these are always great shots.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 24, 2006 at 05:16 AM

All you have to do is call your local art group , college or what I did is put my name in at the local art museum and the calls came from all over. The money is sometimes not worth it and it's not as easy as one might think but give it a try. Good luck. Klassiccase
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 23, 2006 at 08:24 PM

It is not as easy as you think . Holding a postion for up to 30 minutes is very difficult even when you're in top shape.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 13, 2006 at 01:46 PM

I would like to find a nude art class here in santa cruz,ca.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 09, 2006 at 09:43 AM

Contact local college and university art departments and art schools and say that you are interested in modeling for art life or figure drawing classes. Ask if you can speak to the professors or artists in charge who actually need the models. Also ask the profs and artists if they know of anyone who requires an art life model. The important thing to emphasize when you go to speak to an art professor or artist in person is that you are reliable and will show up on time and model nude. You might not believe how difficult it is to find reliable art models who will pose nude and so the good and reliable ones who will work well with the artists and professors to make their lives easier will find work. Good luck!
Follow - email me when people comment