ConFest Australian Nudist Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Oct 25, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Has anyone ever been to ConFest before? For those who don't know, it is a clothing optional alternative lifestyle festival which is held every New Year and Easter in southern NSW around Moulamein.

Although not a nudist festival in itself, many of the punters tend to nude up at the river, in the massage tents, and the hot tub and Indian sweat lodge. I went along with a friend of mine last year and had a wonderful time and can't wait to go again.

There are a lot of young adults who attend it, and I asked some of them if they would go to nudist clubs. They said "not at all - they're too conservative".

Byron Bay film maker Charles McFarland has produced a number of films of people at ConFest, and that is how I first got to hear of it.

I can't post the URL to their website, but you can Google it as well its parent organisation Down To Earth Society. A number of Queensland nudists I'm friends with are going to it, even though most of the people who attend it tend to be based in Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney as well as overseas backpackers.

Interested to hear if anyone has had experiences with ConFest, and if so feel free to share them on here.
  • 4Comments

• View author's info Posted on Apr 23, 2010 at 04:37 PM

I was hoping to attend the Easter one this year with my friend Kevin, but both of us had other commitments on. I won't be attending the Christmas one either because my family is organising something for my 40th in Brisbane.

However, for those who have yet to go to it - go along. You'll have a marvellous time and most of the people there are very friendly, easy going, and good to share vibes and have a laugh with.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 29, 2010 at 08:21 AM

Any confesters heading to Moulemein this Easter? We are heading up and its my first time.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 19, 2007 at 09:07 PM

Yeah .... that was good.
    Long W/E near Taree was my first encounter with "Confest" and I obsolutely enjoyed, the fun without clothes. I look forward to the next No-clothing Festival. Whenever that happens, January in Moulamein?
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 17, 2007 at 02:42 AM

Hi gymnoboy,
    my daughter and I went to our first one on the NSW Labour Day W/Eup at Old Bar, near Taree.
    It was organised by Sydney Confesters,
    and we had a ball and cant wait for the next Sydney Confest to be held on Austraila Day W/E, on a large isolated property between Gosford and Wisemans Ferry.
Follow - email me when people comment