World Naked Bike Ride Comments and Suggestions Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jun 05, 2012 at 03:54 AM

In my experience of naturists, most of them are not interested in environmental issues or public nudity. They just like to travel great distances to get together with other naturists behind closed doors or high hedges. In other words they want to ghettoise nudity. (I would be only too pleased if people choose to refute this.) That is why I choose to call myself a nudist rather than a naturist, since i would like to make nudity more publicly acceptable, in parks, on beaches and in the countryside. I attach a letter i wrote to H&E in 2007 on this subject.
  • 7Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jun 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Giselle, I too like being outdoors and surrounded by nature, and I have no desire to foist my nudity upon people in urban surroundings. However, I have often discovered that people who call themselves naturists have no real interest in nature but prefer to get in their cars and go to artificial naturists clubs and events. Much more interested in nature are the eco-nudists, who have a much more environmentally-aware interest. I would prefer it if the term naturists meant people who liked to be at one with nature and nudists meant people people who just wanted to be naked with other people, but in reality it seems to be the other way round.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Well I call myself a naturist because I actually like being outdoors and surrounded by and fit in with nature and not enclosed within four walls. Ideally nude but there again I also respect other peoples opinions and would not wish to cause offence to other non nudists.
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2013 at 09:10 AM

Here are the dates for the forthcoming round of WNBRs in England:
    25 May Portsmouth
    7 June Southampton
    8 June London and Exeter
    9 June Brighton
    14 June Manchester
    15 June Bristol, Cardiff and Canterbury
    21 June York
    20 July Clacton
    See WNBR sites for starting times and places.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 23, 2012 at 09:09 AM

To anyone who has read my letter about the naturism/nudism issue below, please give your views on the subject here.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 06, 2012 at 01:17 PM

Hi, I'm thinking about going to the nude ride in Brussels next June 23, is there anyone interested?
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 05, 2012 at 03:41 PM

I am in the early stages of reading through the site. Just wondered if it would be an idea to mention World Naked Bike Ride for those who like to get out and about as its not jumping out at me in the forums.
    The great thing is it is worldwide and a yearly event, so anyone could join in and have fun.
    Please feel free to delete this post if it has already been mentioned.

Great so you removed the Link I had added, how intelligent, NOT!!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 05, 2012 at 03:54 AM

In my experience of naturists, most of them are not interested in environmental issues or public nudity. They just like to travel great distances to get together with other naturists behind closed doors or high hedges. In other words they want to ghettoise nudity. (I would be only too pleased if people choose to refute this.) That is why I choose to call myself a nudist rather than a naturist, since i would like to make nudity more publicly acceptable, in parks, on beaches and in the countryside. I attach a letter i wrote to H&E in 2007 on this subject.
Follow - email me when people comment