SAD Health Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Dec 27, 2006 at 01:40 PM

Does anyone else here experience Seasonal Affective Disorder?

I've recently discovered that I have a very difficult time making it through the winters. I don't mind the cold so much as the lack of sunlight for months on end.

After feeling a craving for sun on my skin last winter, I started visiting the tanning salon. I'd rather be in nature, with the actual sun shining on my skin, but it seems to be the only thing that keeps me from becoming too sad to function during the winter months.

If there's anyone who has moved to a place where the sun shines year round to help with SAD, I would love to hear from you.
  • 3Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 17, 2008 at 01:37 PM

I had this problem when I was around 20 years old. The solution I found after being on my first flight is: the sun shines bright, even on a dark winter day here in Germany - only 1200 Meters/4000 feet above us - above the clouds. :-)
  • View author's info Posted on May 20, 2007 at 05:44 AM

Hello Gordita, I found that an infared sauna works well with SAD. It has all the positive benefits of the sun. It works well for detoxing too. Plus, the sweat is wonderful!
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 03, 2007 at 09:12 AM

Hello, I use to live in Portland OR., there it rains every day. Poeple there have this problem. Here is what alot of the people do. They make a wooden box and put fluorescence lights in it and sit in front of it a few hours or what ever one neads.
Follow - email me when people comment