Do women want to see men dispaying thier 'tackle'? Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Feb 25, 2007 at 04:12 PM

Hi. I'm new to this site and am wondering what type of picture would be best to put on my profile. Having looked at a variety of entrants find that there are a lot of men with pictures of themselves just standing there in the nude...ok. Its a nudist/naturist site what should I expect. But is it the best way to attract the interest of a memeber of the opposite sex?
    Come on girls I would love to have your opinion on the matter....what do you want to see the very first time you view a mans profile?
  • 14Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 17, 2012 at 05:21 AM

Yes I want to see all of the body. A man without a peis isn't a man
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 24, 2011 at 05:44 AM

Erect or otherwise, the penis is part of a guys body. If it's there...erect that's fine, but if you are standing there helping stay that way, that might be a little much for this site. This is a site of opinions and mine isn't worth any more than others here.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jun 13, 2011 at 02:54 PM

hey mate,
    don't go taking any of you're pics down on account of what i say,
    i'm not the least bit offended, to be honest i'm mostly just playing devils advocate, helps to keep discussions a bit more interesting than everyone just agreeing with each other...
    i think your pics are cool, they show the whole person, in some sort of context where it would be nice to be naked,
    what i object to, ( although object is probably a bit too strong a word as i am not easily offended) is pics where all you get is half a torso and an erect penis,
    also i will conceed that outdoor nudity, whilst i don't consider it sexual, can be sensual, the feeling of the sun and the breeze on your skin feels very sensual,
    which, lets be honest, is why we do it, 'cos it feels nice!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 06, 2011 at 09:46 AM

Well, my most sincere apologies if in any way my "philosophy," and especially my pics, have in any way even slightly offended anyone. I just had some free-flowing thoughts on the matter so wrote them down. It did not occur to me that any of the photos in my profile showed me with what I'd call "an erection." I really had no intent to show any such pictures to anyone not wanting to see. If I may humbly suggest, I think that perhaps there can be a distinction made somewhere between being "fully erect" and "totally, completely flaccid?" I mean, I am "somewhere between" those two states 99% of the time. It's not an intentional means of "showing off" to anyone and certainly there isn't a single person I know that would consider me to be even remotely "obsessed" with myself. I consider myself to be no more than average in the "looks" department, with the only thing even remotely going for me, there, that I try to keep myself fairly fit.

But, that said, this IS a singles/dating site, and so of course, to a certain extent, we're all trying to find some special person that will be "impressed" with everything each of us has to offer.

Having grown-up in California, and also having spent significant time in Europe, I think that I differ at least somewhat in thinking that there are plenty of folks who--like me--definitely do regard the opportunity to be nude outdoors, and in a social situation, to be a sort of recreation in and of itself. I understand that this may be a slightly different approach that that of the more "traditional" way of life expressed within colonies/resorts dedicated to nudism. The way I came to it, and still enjoy it, it's just a matter of having friends who like to get nude together when the situation seems to naturally call for the clothes to come off: the beach, swimming holes, etc. That's all. The understated sensuality of it is definitely a component--everywhere I've gone in California and the West Coast, and in Europe, at "nude locations," I think agree with this.

Again: that doesn't even REMOTELY mean that there aren't 1000 other perfectly "legitimate" reasons to be nude, socially, nor that nudity = sex. No one should ever be subjected to behavior that offends them or have to feel like their space is being invaded, etc. And if someone wants to enjoy being nude without the slightest hint of human sensuality involved, so be it, and I will do nothing to disrespect them, ever, period.

So, as to that, I've taken-down the one pic that I think you may have been referring to, where it could've been argued that--yes--in the picture I am perhaps close to semi-erect. I sincerely hope it did not offend anyone. But on my pictures, I've received nothing but positive remarks from people, so far, save for your own, so I think I'm fairly well in-bounds.

I understand, respect, and support your point-of-view. Hope we can just simply to agree to disagree about the minor point on the "recreational" part of it all and realize that different people have different experiences.

Have a great day.

• View author's info Posted on Jun 04, 2011 at 06:29 PM

well...while i agree with a few things you've said...the first of which is, yes, it was a very long-winded reply...
    i have a few issues with this bit...

For those that say naturism is/should be "no different" than any other recreational activity where one keeps their clothes on, I say: nonsense! It's different entirely, because we get naked!

firstly..being naked isn't a "recreational activity", its just a result of not bothering to get dressed!! and thats the difference...i don't specifically "get naked" to do things...i "get dressed" if i have to, otherwise i'm naked anyway, its about what you consider is you're default state,

while i agree that as you say "in the context of naturism...men will inevitably on occassion, get an erection.."
    this doesnt equate with posting a picture of an erection...as that is most definitely deliberate,

you then go on to say as concerns "errection" pics here that "as profiles are public wait and see if a person is interested, then send them one"....yet your profile has several pics of you errect...

my own personal opinion, erect or not, i dont think its the first thing anyone looks at when they view a profile is it???
    i want to see a face, find out there interests..and at the end of the day pics are just an extension of a profile...and the sort of pics they post tells you something about them also, it doesnt bother me seeing it, it just makes me think.....maybe a bit of a show off....maybe..a little bit self-obsessed???
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 03, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I thought I would go ahead and weigh-in on this topic, since it's one on which I actually seem to have an opinion, and I think it's fairly reasonable. Obviously I'm a guy, so it's totally from that perspective, but I've also had occasion to gather--directly and indirectly--the opinions of a few women, on the subject...

I'll state right up-front that I do not buy the notion that social/outdoor nudity is (or should be) "totally non-sexual." But this is a very difficult stance to "explain" without it sounding as if I'm into "swinging" or whatever. I'm not. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if some are. I merely think that, among like-minded adults, there should be no harm in feeling free to enjoy the natural "sensuality" of being naked together. I.e., I agree that "nude is not lewd" and that nude beaches are not places for rampant public sex, but at the same time think that we all have a libido and cannot simply turn it on or off at will (and why should we want to or need to, if we could?).

Saying that someone is an "exhibitionist" versus a "true nudist" strikes me as a little silly. Exhibitionism is, to be sure, a bit of a "harsh" term due to the negative connotations it carries, but the fact of the matter is that a certain desire to be seen and appreciated (and to look) is built into our sexuality, as human beings. It's an enjoyable experience to be nude in the company of others, and this is exactly why recreational nudity is so healthy: because it offers the opportunity for adults to enjoy this perfectly natural desire in a fun, comfortable, and safe environment. And this does NOT have to be interpreted to mean that naturism presents an open forum for uninvited sexual advances, public sex, or other invasions of space and privacy. Yes, there will always be jerks out there that don't "get it," but for most of us, we can simply enjoy the experience while respecting one-another and leave unsaid what need not be said.

For those that say naturism is/should be "no different" than any other recreational activity where one keeps their clothes on, I say: nonsense! It's different entirely, because we get naked! We freely and casually allow others to see parts of our bodies that we would never dream of showing in other contexts. And it's exactly those body parts for which our visual sensibilities are naturally-inclined to find sexually-attractive or at least mildly sensually arousing. It's no big deal, but that's just how it is. Again, no need for it to mean that getting naked is equal to an open sexual invitation--not even remotely. But it seems silly to deny that, at the very least, it's an exhilarating experience to have the opportunity to do it. Again: 'nuff said.

Now, as to the issue of showing pictures and guys with erections... On the pictures, I for one view a site like this as a "virtual" nude beach--a nice opportunity to mingle with others and proceed in exactly the fashion I've just described: enjoyment of the opportunity to be seen and appreciated, and to look and appreciate, if others wish to share. Even a bit further, though, this IS a singles/dating site, and we ARE all professed nudists/naturists, so to some degree, we all ARE inviting at least a certain degree of flirtatious behavior. Right? So if someone "appreciates" the opportunity to see someone naked, whom they find attractive, where are we going wrong? All seems fine and legit to me. It doesn't necessarily mean that a guy (or gal) is trying to "impress" anyone--just fishing for those that do happen to like what they have to offer.

In my opinion, entirely too much is made of the whole issue of erections in the context of naturism. If we agree that what I've written up to this point is more or less correct, then certainly we have to admit that guys will, inevitably, experience an erection. It's just simply a natural part of what happens, and to look upon it "shamefully" or with derision makes no sense and--in fact--I think is antithetical to the whole point of "naturism" as I understand it. Again, though, there's sort-of a fine line to walk, here. The emphasis being on the "natural" part of the equation, and not insisting on a concerted focus on sex, sex, sex. In other words, we no one wants a situation where every guy at a nude beach is walking around flaunting a raging erection the entire time. I would propose the following "rules," if you will:

* As far as photographs showing you with an erection, here, I imagine that among women there are some that either don't mind or might like seeing such images, but since profiles are "public" I'd say wait and see if a particular individual is interested. If so, send her a picture. If not, don't.

* At a beach or other location:

* If you're by yourself and gawking incessantly at one or more particular individuals and are close by to them and have an erection: not too cool. Probably don't do that. That's a little invasive and kinda creepy.

* If you're with a partner/friend/group and happen to become a little aroused, even momentarily fully erect, no worries. No need to either "advertise" or "hide" it, IMO. If someone doesn't like it, they may send a subtle hint, in which case respect them and keep it under wraps.

* If you're up walking around and what-not and feel yourself becoming aroused and become semi- or fully-erect: again, don't make a point of either advertising or hiding it. It's natural, it happens. Just let it play out.

* Are there familes/children around? All the above rules are out the window. Do NOT be seen with an erection. Total space-invastion otherwise.

* If you're with that "special someone" and a little harmless flirtation and discrete/non-lewd affection causes arousal, I see no harm in that at all, personally. So long as it is discrete and you are not making a point of "forcing" others to notice you, I personally think that a nude beach is actually the perfect place for a little sensual fun between partners. Again, though: this does NOT mean that public sex is OK, or that others want to "watch the show." Keep the bedroom activities in the bedroom (or, at least, in an EXCLUSIVELY private place).

Anyway: That's a long-winded answer, but I'm pretty sure it makes sense. Bottom line is just to respect others and not get carried-away with our own personal predilections and desires. Make sure that your actions are invitied.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 18, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Since this is a nudist site, I would hope that there wouldn't be a problem with guys posting "full frontal" photos. I never understood why some people are totally happy to see every bit of a woman's body, but then turn around and say "Ewww, gross!!" at the sight of a naked guy. Us guys like it too when we get complimented and appreciated for our bodies, especially from the ladies.

I think that the other part of the issue is whether or not to show yourself sporting an erection. Personally, if I was ever to post any full frontal photos of myself, I'm not sure that I'd be posting anything with me being fully erect.

I guess it has to do with the context of the photo & what the purpose was for posting it. I remember another thread on this forum talking about men's erections at nude resorts. A lot of people had said that it's a natural bodily function, and that they didn't mind seeing them, as long as the person wasn't waving it around. I guess the same goes for photos - I wouldn't be bothered seeing a candid or casual photo of a guy with an erection. But if you're posting something that's overtly sexual, then that might not be something for the public to see.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 17, 2010 at 07:59 PM

I would love for see all of the man, but not with erections. I think a man's body is sexy, and totally beautiful nude.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 19, 2009 at 04:16 PM

A few observations.
    The men on here tend to say "no dicks please. The women won't like it."
    The women tend to be saying "umm, actually we like them". lol.
    I don't think you can say what "people" like. Everyone one is different. It is certainly acceptible to show all on here. Alot of guys, women and couples all have their genitals on display in alot of pics. As for erections, some do it due to be exhibitionism, but as a gay guy I have found that alot of guys don't like to show their flaccid penises due to size issues. I've cammed with people when I was younger and they'd never whip it out til they were aroused. lol. Do what you are comfortable with. You shouldn't be judged.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 10, 2007 at 09:46 AM

I have just jioned or about to jion a sa paying member and i fint it quite
    refreshing of you to admire and welcome the male anatomy in all its glory ,i have been a naturist the the last twenty yearsor more but i enjoy and always will
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 30, 2007 at 03:30 AM

thanks for your comments...never want to shock or offend but its good to know that women do like to see erections, the media is full of sterio typical comments about men thats its difficult to know whats acceptable...I love showing off...some women love to see em and some dont...its finding the ones that DO is the problem...I expect you have been inundated with men wanting to share pics with you....
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 25, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Hi,

I don't think that most women want to see men indisciminately baring their tackle in photos. Even as an inveterate nudist, I don't want to be photographed with my tackle showing for all to see.

Guys who post photos of themselves naked with hard ons are not nudists at all - they're exhibitionists with a very inflated opinion of themselves. And in most cases they do not impress women behaving in this manner.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 23, 2007 at 12:40 PM

Well, to be honest, I would like to see a nude photo. It is a nudist site and hence why I posted myself naked as that is how I thought it should be.
    You dont have to be "excited" (although I beg to differ in the fact that I wont complain if you were) and it doesnt even have to be a full frontal.
    Its taking part and posting a photo that really counts.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 02, 2007 at 03:17 AM

Being a nudist male myself I have noticed that most of the pics that the guys send in seem to show themselves erect. In all the years that I have been going to resorts, you don't see males walking around with erections. It just doesn't happen at resorts and if it should you simply wrap your towel around yourself. I truly believe that a woman doesn't want to see a guy walking around erect. remember nude is not lewd. Clothed or nude pics in a natural state I think would be fine. But that's just me. Have a great nude day :)
Follow - email me when people comment