Winks and Email Replies Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Mar 29, 2006 at 03:33 PM

Question to those who send out winks and/or emails. Do you receive winks and/or emails in return acknowledging your wink/email? Since so few seem to post here, do the majority chat through instant messenger? What do others think of the chat system? Is it a better way to initially contact others then through this forum?
  • 6Comments

• View author's info Posted on Apr 23, 2006 at 03:01 AM

Hey, one of the faceless many here. Whether I have a photo on here or not is of no business initally to anyone else but me. I will decide if and when I allow my image to become global property.
    As to emails and winks, many that I have winked aren't even curteous enough to respond, interested or not, yet they probably complain as well.
    Chat is no different. With one exception, those few I have chatted with appeared to be gay as I heard no more when it was made clear in my profile I was str8.
    Even when we were chatting it was like getting blood out of a stone. It's like they don't think they are completely anonymous and have to be careful what they say.
    In fact it's no worse than walking the streets of a big city and realising everyone you see for the first time will probably also be for the last.
    For those of us who are not paid up trying to circumvent the system is part of the fun although at times frustrating.
    Many on here are only interested in meeting those who live in their virtual back yard (pre PC virtual) It's a big world out there. The one you are looking for just may live in another land. Wouldn't you like to be able to speak a second language?
    It would also appear that many who use this site actually have lives and don't spend all their waking and in some cases sleeping hours cruising the net. So if you do try to chat,message or post in a forum it could be sometime before you get a response.
    I recently tried some detective work to find the e male address of an interested party. It only took 3 emales before one was not returned. It may be coincidence but fingers crossed. And if that doesn't get a response then too bad time to move on.
    Try to treat all of this as entertainment otherwise it becomes very serious and depressing.
    Here is a sobering thought...on reading my superannuation info it occured to me I am able to retire at 55, 7 years away. Give me a break! I haven't even finished my mid life crisis.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 22, 2006 at 04:30 PM

AND... I check here for messages once in a while, but when I contact someone we chat I'll exchange photos on there in a photo share.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 22, 2006 at 04:27 PM

So here's my response to your question regarding winking back to a wink.... I am not a paying member. My bio is very specific in why I am on this site and what I am looking for. If you are not a member and you receive a wink the only way to show some sort of interest without shelling out the bucks is to send a reply wink. Sometimes I have seen an e-mail address spelled out with no spaces, that seems to make it through the system, but if you are not a member, the only way to get in touch is to wink.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 22, 2006 at 11:56 AM

Hi Sunman
    Though I have been an unpaid-up member for some time I also found the site too difficult to use satisfactorily. Are winks quite a new innovation?
    I have only today sent some winks out but don't even know if those I sent to will be able to return any contact info to me.
    I have never used a chat room. What are your thoughts?
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 21, 2006 at 05:20 PM

I suppose when you are a gold member IM's aren't a problem.I do like to respond to winks though.But it's the forums where I love to get my thoughts out there.It seems to catch drifters like me.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 21, 2006 at 04:45 PM

eurekaboy write:
    I am not a member and therefore find this site very restricting when compared with other similar websites. At least other sites allow you SOME form of interactive connectivity, without having to pay. I received a wink from a guy only a mile from me who wanted to get in touch, but we have not yet been able to do so because he is also not a "preferred" member.
    Chris

Be smart and think on a way to get in contact.
Follow - email me when people comment