denying sexuality Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 12, 2005 at 10:09 AM

Do some nudists go too far in denying their sexuality? Is there anything wrong with being attracted to someone nude -- is it any different than being attracted to someone clothed? There seems to be an oppression to finding someone nude attractive
  • 5Comments

• View author's info Posted on Sep 11, 2017 at 12:02 PM

Quoting hottbut69er:

I'm new to this forum but not to this argument.  Yes, we are sexual beings. Yes, the rules of attraction do still exist.  The problem lies in the attitude that some men have that nudist areas should be spots where they go to have sex. it's obvious that the idea of being nude, to them, is that nude equals sex and every women is there for their pleasure. Why are single men, for the most part, not welcome at nudist resorts?  Beacause they see women as an object for them to try and seduce. Having been in the game for more than 40 years, I think I have the insight and experience to make these observtions. The need to distance nudism from sex wouldn't be necessary if there wasn't the attitude that nude means sex. You want to have sex, go home and do it. Nudist resorts are not a meat market for you to pick up women. I've seen guys walk around playng with their cocks until they get hard. This may attract some women and men, but nudist resorts are not the place to do it. To equate the removal of pubic hair with the idea that this is a signal of sexual adventurism is ridiculous.  And if gay men associate nudism with sex, what does that say you?

I think there is a time and place for everything.  Some people fail to make any distinctions.

I remember I was at the resort one time.  I noticed a man looking at my wife a little more pointedly than I felt a nudist should look at a woman - in that setting.  But I let it slide and ignored him.

Later that day I was soaking in the hot tub by myself.  And that same dude walked in.   He asked me if he was welcome, I said yes; and he proceeded to tell me how bored he was with the resort.  Then he mentioned my wife's comfort with being naked and "showing herself more than the other women."

I stopped him right there.  Politely but curtly.  I knew exactly what he was referring to.  At one point my wife had been reading a book, sitting with her legs open.  I told him I appreciated the compliment; but my wife's "open-legged" posture by the pool was not to get attention.  She had just felt more comfortable reading that way.  

After that initial exchange, I started asking him about his disappointment with the resort.  He replied that he habitually went to another resort; a resort I knew to be a swinger's hotspot.  And he was complaining about the "lack of action" at "my" resort.  I explained to him that this resort was very different: it was a family resort with an emphasis on being socially nude with other families - non-sexually.  I wasn't mean towards him; I just told him he was in the wrong place for what he was looking for.  He told me a little bit about his sexual experiences at the other resort (I don't know why); and I reiterated to him that the other resort would be a better place for him.  

Finally he got the "picture", said farewell and took off.  My wife was off somewhere socializing; and when I caught up with her I didn't tell her about the encounter.  I figured she didn't need to know someone had been gawking at her "hooha" while she was peacefully reading by the pool.

But yeah...as I said there is a time and place for everything.  Although the "rules of attraction" and people's sexual inclinations do not stop just because; a family nudist resort in broad daylight is neither the place nor the time to be openly sexual.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 01, 2017 at 08:30 PM

I'm new to this forum but not to this argument.  Yes, we are sexual beings. Yes, the rules of attraction do still exist.  The problem lies in the attitude that some men have that nudist areas should be spots where they go to have sex. it's obvious that the idea of being nude, to them, is that nude equals sex and every women is there for their pleasure. Why are single men, for the most part, not welcome at nudist resorts?  Beacause they see women as an object for them to try and seduce. Having been in the game for more than 40 years, I think I have the insight and experience to make these observtions. The need to distance nudism from sex wouldn't be necessary if there wasn't the attitude that nude means sex. You want to have sex, go home and do it. Nudist resorts are not a meat market for you to pick up women. I've seen guys walk around playng with their cocks until they get hard. This may attract some women and men, but nudist resorts are not the place to do it. To equate the removal of pubic hair with the idea that this is a signal of sexual adventurism is ridiculous.  And if gay men associate nudism with sex, what does that say you?

• View author's info Posted on Aug 25, 2017 at 11:06 AM

I agree with Rick

To me, it's always seemed that the "rules of attraction" ceasing to exist in the nudist environment is huge fallacy.  A fallacy that has been perpetuated by nudist organizations and "conservative" nudists as an attempt to debunk the "nudity=sex" predicament.  I understand they do it to preserve the sanctity of the nudist environment; but in the process it creates a myth: the myth that nudists stop being sexual beings the moment they join the nudist environment.

But IMHO if a man or woman is found to be attractive in the textile world, there is no reason he/she would be no longer found to be attractive in the nudist world.  That proposition just doesn't make sense.

I've seen many nudists "drop etiquette" if they felt it was "safe" to do so.  People have complimented my wife; which meant they did look at and appreciate her naked body.  I have seen nudists - even "conservative ones" - cut loose at nudists parties and get a little naughty.

I was at one such party once; my wife, who is a great dancer, started dancing and quickly became the center of attention.  One friend started dancing with her and from the look on his face it was clear he was enjoying the experience.  I then grabbed a female friend and pulled her close to dance; and I can't deny that the feeling of her breasts against my chest was nice!  Her boyfriend, I guess feeling left out, invited my wife to dance and pulled her close as well and "sneaked" a hand on her bottom; my wife visibly amused by it.  Someone cracked a joke about "genitals touching", and everyone laughed.

With all the physical contact and gyrating happening, even though there was nothing really sexual happening, the sexual tension was palpable.  Now we were all "regular" nudists; husbands, wives, parents.  We all practiced "traditional" nudism.  Yet, when things got a little sexual, we all naturally embraced it.

That's because we are all (mostly) sexual beings.  Even though we don't have to run with it and get "wild", there's no sense in denying it either.  Being natural is somewhere in the middle.

• View author's info Posted on May 09, 2010 at 02:05 PM

This will never be resolved.

The AANR and TNS spend so much time and effort trying to distance themselves from any relativity of nudism to sex. People on this and other discussion forums are so adamant in their expression of "true nudists" and "real naturists"...

Sexuality causes many divisions among people and so much stress and tension. Remove the clothes and naturally it increases.

Seldom spoken of also is the fact that people who enjoy social nudity are usually more open-minded, more free-spirited than the majority.
    That isn't to say that there are not nudists who are socially and sexually conservative, but the majority tend to be more free-spirited types in my experience.

Sex and sexual tension is a fact of life, and when you gather people who are naked there is naturally a sexual element involved, even though some individuals may feel otherwise.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 12, 2005 at 10:32 AM

It is the standard line that nudism has nothing to do with sex. I find it hard to believe especially when so many nudists remove all their pubic hair. That seems sexual to me. It feels very sensual to me when walking around in the nude in front of other people.

I think it may be more sexual for men. There are so many men that want to join nudist resorts compared to women. Nudists resorts don't want single men due to this fact. Plus looking at this message board it seems that a lot of gay men associate nudism with sex. You don't see that a lot with single women unless they are spam.
Follow - email me when people comment