How is it best to introduce my shy fiancee to nudism Romance Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 22, 2009 at 09:22 AM

Hey:

All my life I have loved being nude and at the age of 44 have finally decided to actively pursue it.

My fiancee is from the Phillipines and she is very reserved and shy. Now, she is not a sexual prude or anything, we have a dynamite sex life, but when it comes to nudity she is very, very skittish. Fact, she still covers her breasts with her hands when she drops her bra, even if its just the two of us getting intimate.

Briefly,

she knows I like to be nude, and have asked her about going to a nude beach.

she knows I like to skinny dip and would love for us to have a pool or a hot tub when we get a new house.

I think I can get her to enjoy this, but I don't want to scare her off.

What should I do?
  • 5Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 19, 2010 at 02:53 PM

I am the Director of the Clothing Optional Social Club, a division of SFFB, the organization that oversees Haulover, the ONLY fully sanctioned NUDE beach in Florida. Our club is CLOTHING OPTIONAL!
    We had a body painting demonstration a couple of months ago, and one of our members coaxed his girl friend into coming to watch the event. When she saw that everyone else was naked, and that she was the one that people were looking it, because she was dressed, she at first just removed her top. Shortly thereafter, when she realized that she was still the odd one there, she took off her bottoms, too.
    Many of our men members have been able to get their girl friends to just come to the beach, saying that it is clothing optional, which means that they DON'T have to undress, if they feel the slightest bit uncomfortable. If they are attending one of our Meet Ups, and become friendly with other members of the group, their inhibitions ease up, they become more relaxed, and that brings about a better comfort level. Some do join in, while others don't. But, the secret is to get them there in the first place, and secondly, let them see that there are a lot of nice people there, but, they just don't have any clothes on.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 27, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Depends on your motive also, is to for her to experience the pleasure of the sun on her skin or for others to see her naked? For my wife its about the sun and the breeze on her body, and as time has gone by she is more and more relaxed with others. Her first experience was at a nude beach in her swimsuit, with everyone else naked. About 5 mins of sitting there and she told me she felt out of place and more like people were noticing her. Once she dropped the suit, all of sudden she blended and her comfort level increased. Most people have thoughts of all the perfect bodies making them look bad, when we all have bodies that have some issues. Just remember to give her time and its about the sun on her skin.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 24, 2010 at 04:55 PM

My first experience at a nudist resort was at Treehouse Fun Ranch in Devore California. There is still a resort there, but it has a different name now. I had been hearing about the Miss Nude USA contest held there for a couple of years, and finally told my wife I was going to it. She grudgingly said that if I was going, she was also going, just to keep me out of trouble. We were there for less than 15 minutes, when she commented that everyone seemed so friendly, and that it felt very safe there. She immediately stripped down and was very comfortable being nude the rest of the day.

The point of this personal story is to advise you to try to find a nudist/clothing optional event to take her to. I don't think the Miss Nude USA contest still exists, but I am sure there are other events to go to. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Jim B
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 12, 2010 at 09:21 PM

My advice is to let her take it slow at her own pace. As Uke2 said, try getting her to attend a clothing optional social setting where others plus yourself are nude and tell her its okay to keep her clothes on. Help her gain self confidence and remind her it is okay to be shy and there is nothing wrong with it. Hopefully, she will grow comfortable with the situation and she will eventually enjoy being nude too. But the last thing you want to do is to push her too fast. Let her set the pace no matter how long it takes.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Such a common problem and no one knows what to do!

There are many shy nudist who enjoy being nude in the sun but nowhere else. My wife will go top free at home and only go nude in the sun and she is no prude!

Natural skinny-dipping is a good place to start. Find a place where your wife can stay dressed as she watches you go nude with other nude people of all types. If she can stay in a swimsuit and socialize with people letting it all hang out she will be well on her way. She needs to see lots of people in the nude to know its ok for her to get bare too. She may be shy about her body and she needs to see other bodies to feel free to join in. Get her to feel comfortable going nude at home will help too, maybe by you going nude until she give it a try.

If you know a nudist couple the smaller group may work for her.

Keep on trying
Follow - email me when people comment