Melbourne Nudist Beaches Australian Nudist Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Dec 16, 2009 at 07:42 PM

Good article in the Herald Sun (16.12) where the ANF is pushing for a nudist beach closer to the city. The ANF and NAV are pushing for a beach more central such as Hastings, Altona or Sandringham. Melbourne nudists know all too well that the current beaches are some distance away and have not the best access. In a bid to get more younger people interested in nudism, its thought that if travel time and access was improved many more people would attend and join the lifestyle. The article was accompanied by a photo of a young couple of which the young woman thought it was a great idea. It may be a wonderful way to attract more women to the lifestyle. A poll with the result showed support for a nudist beach at 71% and against 29%.

• 4Comments

• View author's info Posted on Dec 28, 2009 at 08:53 PM

It was a very well researched article ,however while it mentioned the Sunnyside locatoion it made no mention of Somers. Has this been closed to the many who once went there. How can we expect nice women to risk exposure as naturists when men behave so badly in public most of the time. The drunken louts who now frequent the Melbourne streets is enough to turn anyone off. I'll take the country any time ! And there are safe places here where you can be naturist any time. In the summer though   'ware of snakes!   Murrayside

• View author's info Posted on Dec 22, 2009 at 05:46 PM

Excellent spot in South Gippsland for nudism / swimming / wading / sun baking.

The Oaks beach is between Cape Paterson and Inverloch. It is a reasonably secluded, rarely used, beach with access down a high cliff via steps and ramped pathways.

The Oaks beach can be seen from a lookout on the clifftop so is not good for nudism itself. If you go down to the beach and walk to the left (towards Inverloch) you get to a rocky headland. If you walk around to this headland you will find a lovely secluded beach.

There is a small sandy area and lots of flat rocks. The beach cannot be seen from the clifftops and boats do not approach the beach due to the rough surf.

While care must be taken in the ocean (there are strong rips) there are a lot of wading / bathing areas on the rocks.

To get to The Oaks drive to Wonthaggi and then out to Cape Paterson. Just prior to entering Cape Paterson turn to the left and drive for a short while around the coast road. It is well signposted and there is a car park at the top.

Alternatively you can drive around the coast road from Inverloch. It is about 10km around.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 20, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Sydney, has some nude nice beaches basically right in the city.  I was dissappointed when I got to Melbourne, and failed to find any nude beaches

• View author's info Posted on Dec 18, 2009 at 05:26 PM

It would be great to have more woman at nudist beaches. It is too creepy with so many men.
Follow - email me when people comment