where to go nude in melbourne Australian Nudist Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jan 14, 2012 at 05:12 AM

hi all
    i'm going to be in melbourne for a couple of weeks in feb and am looking for some ideas of nudist beaches/clubs/swims, etc. i would love to meet up with fellow nudists to hang out and visit as many places as i can. i attend regular swims at home with my girlfriend and go on naturist hols to europe. have read about the nude beaches in melbourne so will visit them and would love to go along to a club. would be great to chat to some people before i go to get some advice.
    thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
  • 7Comments

• View author's info Posted on Feb 19, 2015 at 01:27 AM

Sunnyside is awful. Heaps of rocks in and out of the water. This is inside Port Philip and so has no surf.

I highly recommend Addiscot Beach which is a huge bay between Bells Beach Southside and South to another point.

To get to it, take the road from Torquay to Anglesea. Take the bitumen road to the left towards Pt.Addis. 

Travel about 3 km along this road until you get to a break in the wire. There is a wooden platform/look-out here. You may be able to to find a place among the ti-tree. If you can't, you can park on the side of the road.

So to be accurate, half of the large bay from the stairs down to the beach to the large headland is a clothes only section. At the dunes, half way along the bay, there is a sign, at the back of the beach, declaring this beach to the headland is "A clothes optional beach"."

This half of Addiscot Beach is a far better beach than "Southside"/ BellsBeach Southside".

Before one goes there should go to an smartphone app. called,"Willy Weather". This app. tells you when there is High tide and more particularly Low Tide. There is nothing better than walking around this headland on a warm morning at Low Tide.

If you do decide to park at Southside and walk around the headland you must already know when it will be High Tide. You could be stranded if you don't return to your car before it's High Tide.

That's another reason to just go to Addiscot Beach.

• View author's info Posted on Jan 30, 2015 at 05:51 AM

I'm keen to play

• View author's info Posted on Jun 16, 2012 at 06:54 PM

sunny side is good i go quiet often and also sommers beach down near hastings tho beach is about 2km walk but worth it lots of dunes and walking trails in bushland
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 26, 2012 at 09:35 PM

I've been to sunnyside, its good : )
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 22, 2012 at 08:38 AM

Metro East Nudist Club has nude swims on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month from 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 28, 2012 at 04:19 AM

Sunnyside for mixture of couples and guys, South Beach and Point Impossible for surf, Campbell's cove for the odd dogging and freedom to walk around hard
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 11, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Down in mornington there is a nude beach I have heard and am looking at checking it out this week
Follow - email me when people comment