Accepting Family Members Family Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jan 16, 2006 at 02:38 PM

If you were to announce your interest in nudism tomorrow, would your family accept it?

If you have already made your interest in nudism known to your family (or friends <- sometimes as close as family), what were their reactions? Was anyone MORE accepting or LESS accepting?

I know this is a common theme in nudist-related fiction writing; the idea that mom and dad accepted a person's interest in nudism and allowed them to practice it, but ONLY within the home. Or, the idea that bother or sister accepted it and joined in the practice while the parents simply tolerated the idea.

What is your story?

Are there any surprise stories to relate? Such as finding out a friend is ALSO A NUDIST and you never knew or suspected until mentioning it.
  • 30Comments

• View author's info Posted on Sep 03, 2015 at 03:24 PM

Well, I told my brother & sister-in-law that GF & I went to nude(Little Beach)on Mau'i.

No reaction whatsoever...

Then again, they think I'm somewhat "differant".  Married 3 times and travel alone to

Europe, Aussieland, etc.  Still have a TS on Kauai where I am nude inside all week, and

still look for more outdoor possibilities.  Found Larsen's Beach - 3 miles of white sand

and only 10 or 12 people out there.  Check it out if U R on the island.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 26, 2015 at 07:47 AM

It is amazing to see this topic was created over 9 years ago!  Thanks for all the participation and wonderful stories of how social nudity is practiced in your life, your home or at a location near you!  This gives depth to the topic and make it a bit more than "recreational nudity" which I hope people appreciate.

Best wishes to all readers!  If you have a more recent story to share, please do ADD it.  By sharing individual insights and understands of how nudity IS or IS NOT incorporated into daily life, we encourage others to think about it also.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 06, 2013 at 04:36 PM

been going nude at home since 14 ,my sister was happy enough to see me nude all the time and my mum has got used to it ,anyone visiting our house such as nieghbours mums freinds and my sisters friends are all used to seeing me nude too

• View author's info Posted on May 18, 2009 at 08:13 PM

Your partners are crazy. You are beautiful and being naked is so liberating! I always found it hard to meet a lovely lady to join me that I otherwise was attracted to so I understand, but then again, isn't that why you are on here?
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I started going nude on the weekend at home when the kids were little and the wife was away for the day when she found out she was ok with it as long as the kids did not mind as to my parents my mom is cool with is and when she visits she get nude to. My dad on the outher hand thanks we ar perverts. well for him
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 18, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I've been N&N since age 5~6. After leaving home in 1971, it was no secret. And just in case there were any doubters, come 1998, I went pubically social in 1998. Now I don't care who knows; NOT my problem.

Everyone in my fam "KNOWS" & if they care, they call ahead. If'n they don't, then they just barge in. I don't care either way. At 55, it's no longer about them, it's about me; & I don't care anymore.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Mar 10, 2009 at 07:17 PM

I have always had nudist leanings as long as I can remember. I just couldn't practice it as a child because of conservitive household. Although seeing my mother nude wasn't that big of a deal(which was an almost every day occurance) nudity was not to be tolerated. (double standard I guess)
    When I got married and moved out, the clothes came off and have been off ever since. My wife joins in from time to time. My sister knows of my nudist ways and has seen me nude several different times,( she has a way of just walking into the house unannounced0 she is not interested in the lifestyle. to each their own I guess.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 26, 2009 at 04:29 PM

Quoting nudegirl2003:

i just made my 16yrold brothers day.he was getting ready for school,having breakfast in the kitchen,i walked in in just a small
    untied bath robe which dropped to the floor as i reached up,he saw my bum then full frontal as i turned around.he was extremely excited as i was the first nude woman heed seen in the fleash.i told him i wish to go nude around the house allways ,he said feel free ,he might even join me.now just mum and dad to tell

Now, speaking as a 50-year-old average-looking man here in the States, I have to ask this question of you, ng2003:
    Are you a closet exhibitionist, or do you harbor incestuous thoughts?? Your BROTHER gets it up for you?? That's a LITTLE perverted, to tell the truth.
    But back to my original point.
    MY family doesn't know I'm a nudist/naturist...and NEVER will, if I have anything to say on the matter. SOME things in my life aren't for public consumption, and this is ONE of them!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 03, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Hi life long nudist , also raised family nudist they have grown up now adults with no hang ups.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 09:19 AM

Finally told my mom. At first she was very accepting of it, but now she has asked that I not come to her while naked, so I keep some shorts handy in case I need to go help her.
    As to my daughter, it's not if I'm good. If I'm overheating she's okay with it, and usually once I'm cooled down, she's still okay with it, so just stay that way.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 21, 2008 at 07:25 AM

LETTING YOU BE NUDE IF YOU'RE GOOD MY
    FRIEND, DOESN'T IT FEEL LIKE YOU'RE
    BEING USED. IT DOES TO ME. LIKE YOU SAID, YOUR DAUGHTER ISN'T STUPID AND SHE KNOWS HOW TO PULL YOUR STRINGS. THINK ABOUT IT...FRANKSAN
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 20, 2008 at 06:20 AM

I recently realized that I really was a nudist! Ha ha. Anyway, I am divorced and have a daughter. She use to go nude with me, but now she has hit puberty, she says she's interested, but when there is another woman (in my life) doing it (doesn't seem that's gonna happen any time soon:( ). Sometimes she lets me go nude, sometimes not. She knows that if she tells her mom about any of it, that her mom would have a fit, so it is just between us. Her mom is very vindictive, and I would probably be in lookn's boat. My daughter is VERY intelligent, and knows what is wrong and right. She understands nudity, and I have related to her how it ties into the Bible. If Eve hadn't been tempted by the serpent, we would probably all be naked.
    Now, one thing about me is generate a lot of heat. In the winter I keep my house around 67 degrees Fahrenheit, and am still comfortable naked.
    My daughter understands that I do overheat easily, which can cause me to have coughing fits, and the easiest way for me to cool down is to be naked. She will usually let me go then.
    Final problem,I have yet to tell my mom, and am trying to figure out how, but I don't want to see her naked, oddly enough.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 18, 2008 at 03:30 PM

I am a divorced 55yr old father of two. Both my children are free to go nude when they are with me. In addition, 3 yrs ago my 85yr old mother fell and had to stay with me. She knew I was a nudist and was O.K. with me continuing my life style while she recooped at my home. I do have to admit I was more unconfortable at first having her see me nude than she was observing me nude!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 24, 2008 at 02:21 AM

Ya'll count your blessings. Although my family are not naturists, I always have been and would go to Blacks as a kid. Recently when I started letting my friends and family know, I've had mixed reations. Mostly because most people cannot seperate sex from nudism.
    However, when I introduced my kids to naturism recently, my ex-wife went ballistic. I now have to have suprivised visitation with my kids. Just be careful is all I'm trying to say. Some people will not be as accepting as others.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 21, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Although my family is 3rd generation nudist and I was raised in a open nudist manner - we have a branch of family mostly on my nudist Mom's side of family who are textile and they just accept it when they attend family functions at our nudist homes. Grandkids go naked - kids love being naked - even in the textile families though they aren't being reared nudist per se.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jun 20, 2008 at 12:38 PM

i don think my parents would accept me as a 'Nudist'

i have walked around the house in the nude with them around before, but thats when i just come out of the bath and left my clothes in my room.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 06, 2008 at 02:51 PM

The reaction from my family was neither accepting nor disapproving.
    Whilst they have no real objection to people being naked or the naturist lifestyle, they would rather not discuss it or experience me being naked in their presence.
    I'm not one to force my opinions on others and and am happy to accept that they have a different view to myself, after all the naturist lifestyle is not for everyone. I am therefor happy to respect their opinions and prepared to keep my naturist lifestyle separate from the relationship i have with my family.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 22, 2008 at 06:48 AM

Welcome back.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2008 at 07:04 PM

All the replies are great! I just returned to the site after an extended absence to attend to other nudist forums and message boards, and I am pleased so many of you took the time to participate!

Thanks very much!
Follow - email me when people comment