Growing up a nudist Family Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jan 31, 2006 at 01:11 PM

As a new convert to the nude experience, I have noticed, through both direct observation at nudist clubs and resorts, as well as photos, that young children appear to be very at ease naked in front of strangers. What about as they matriculate into early adolescence? Is this a period of time that they would prefer to avoid the lifestyle and perhaps re-engage later in life or is there typically a seamless transition for most children regarding the lifestyle on into adulthood? Who out there has grown up as a nudist and has empirical evidence to support your ideas on the topic?
  • 17Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 29, 2008 at 05:49 PM

i grew up in a normal textile home but I loved being nude a lot and while my parents didnt go nude they gave me the freedom to be nude quite often. Now that i have kids of my own, im raising them to be nudist friendly. this means that they can be nude when they want to and its no big deal, I am nude at home any time that the weather permits, which for me is almost always
  • View author's info Posted on May 25, 2008 at 02:19 PM

i was raised a nudist by my grandparents from the age of 3 and found it to be the best way to be so when i had my own both my boys were raised as nudists.
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Raised in an extremely liberal NUDIST FAMILY...there were NO taboos growing up in my family.... erections, masturbation were openly discussed/displayed...still live in close LTR with my nudist Dad....we are best friend in that 'special' way! Growing up NUDIST is awesome and always exciting upbringing for sure.

Buddy and nudist Dad, Bucky
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

I started going nude on my own at age 13. Puberty of course played a part but wasnt the key factor. The feeling of total freedom I got, even when just going nude in my room was what had me hooked. Started slowly by staying nude at night after baths and showers then started sleeping nude. That evolved into my being nude pretty much whenever I was in my room or in the house alone. My parents would never have understood or supported my desire to be nude so I had to hide it from them until I was old enough to be out and on my own.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 28, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Both my sister and I were brought up to feel happy and confident about being naked. So yes, on beaches and the garden etc we were pretty much always naked. It never concerned me when I was little...innocence is a lovely thing. I became more "aware" I think is the best word to use when I was about 12 - 14 ish. It never put me off going around nude but those 2 or 3 years you were made to feel more consciencious I guess.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 27, 2007 at 07:43 AM

Man: You really were lucky to have the mentality in your homelife. I was taught from a religious, be-damned mentality if I even touched my body. I remember as a little kid being scared, looking up at grown men in a shwoeroom. Once, I saw an erection and hd no idea what it was. If I could have been taught, through lifestyle, that a man's body is amazing, I would not have had the years of hangups I did.
    Once I figured it out around 17 or so, you could barely keep my clothes on. Funny, I'm still losing them at 52! and love showing off around others who luv being naked, exposed and with one nature.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 23, 2006 at 07:44 AM

I think it is way kewl to raise kids as nudist- mom n dad would never allow us to be nude. Think we missed out on a great experience
    Bill
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 22, 2006 at 10:39 PM

I think it is easy for my 7 yr old son to be naked. Most boys are. We get to my place and strip down and go about our business. He plays his video games, eats and showers with me. Sometimes he sleeps with me but normally he is a wild sleeper so he sleeps alone.. I hope I am doing it right and he'll continue thru puberty.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 05, 2006 at 11:39 AM

Hey NYCNAKEDFIREMAN,
    Great to see you back on here, I love reading about how lucky you were in being brought up naked. Only wish I was, but I am surely making up for it now. If you ever head out to Sydney, make sure you look us up. May even be able to put you up.

Cheers
    Graeme
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 12, 2006 at 05:23 PM

NYCNAKEDFIREMAN write:
    Raised by my nudist dad, on his own, in an open liberal counter culture family setting, after folks divorced when I was 8 years old. Dad was very strict about living completely but totally naked at all times, On 300 acres we were allowed to live free of all clothing did our chores naked. .often drove naked with Daddy on ranch rounds throughout southwest. Our area had a small commune of other nudist men with children who I often played openly naked with. . .I feel grateful to have been raised in such a loving open liberal environment with no taboos or hang ups. . very very lucky. It was always full of much excitement for the two of us, and I am still as close to my Dad now as I was as a kid. . he is my best friend and more! Anyone else with similar upbringing let's have a naked dialogue. Would be exciting to compare our upbringings!! Buddy

Re:

Where in NY do u live?
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 12, 2006 at 05:22 PM

how open was your dad with u?
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 12, 2006 at 05:20 PM

yes we were very close we were nude most if not all the time.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 11, 2006 at 08:16 PM

It sound like u had a very nice up bringing, I guess you and your dad were very close. That is cool.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 30, 2006 at 05:41 PM

nyc fireman. my dad was a nudist. he wanted me to go with him to the beach, sandy hook. wanted to go but not with him. your upbringing sounds cool. what happened when you were in puberty?
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 04, 2006 at 08:30 PM

My 2 brothers and I were raised nudist and I loved every moment of it and now that I am a single mom I am raising my son to be a nudist as well.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2006 at 06:16 AM

i ve been raised as a nudist with my aunt and cousine... was great... still practicing in naturist family camp or with fam friends sometimes. but mostly wild nudism near paris. looking for new friends...
  • View author's info Posted on May 14, 2006 at 04:43 PM

I had the same experience as mchanson did -- minus the brother. Dad introduced the idea of a nudist household after my mom left and I took to it right away as a kid. there were "issues" as puberty hit, but my dad tackled it head on and I got over it all pretty fast. from then on there was relatively little that would make me self-conscious.
Follow - email me when people comment