Hippie Hollow! First nudist experience Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jan 02, 2012 at 06:25 PM

I was dating a man for a while and he was always going on and on about how open minded I was and how much of a free spirit I am (true for both) and said I would love Hippie Hollow, a nudist "beach" at Lake Travis in Austin, TX. I had never entertained the idea before and thought he was nuts.

The relationship ended but the idea never left my head. Fast forward a few months and I turned 30 and decided I had to do something wild and crazy before I was too old (ha ha). So I thought, why not?!

Naturally I was anxious so I got there as soon as the park opened on the weekend, thinking there wouldn't be too many people there. I thought I would put in an hour or so just to say I'd done it. There were very few people there and they were far enough away that I wasn't too worried about them seeing too much of me!

Several hours later I was still there and while enjoying the freedom of being nude I discovered that I had set up camp right in the middle of a pathway to get to the rest of the park! I guess it says something about how well I took to being nude that I went from being timid and hesitant to having about 100 people practically step over my naked body all day without being bothered by it. :)

Now I'd say I'm a natural (so to speak). ;)

Members Only

• 12Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 18, 2014 at 03:38 PM

I was also about 1980 , however I'm just a tad older than you,  I was just about 25yr. I truly could not believe what  my brother had talked-it-up with great praise , for to me a true treasure. My brother is about 3yrs. older than I,  both from a fairly cosmopolitan mid-west, if that is even possible. I'm sorry but I have to go and I have so much more to say. In fact, that is also my 1st nude experience on my own. Thanks for your time and consideration in reading my rambling. Good bye for now hope to talk more later. Now you're friend Scott. 

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Feb 01, 2014 at 12:46 PM

I finally made it myself going back to Texas on a six month job summer of 2009. Also 100 degree heat every day for three months. Job started in Austin then San Antone. But got to revisit the town me and my lady when young traveling around stopped in Austin and stayed for a year. She was 24 and I 29. Loved the town of work then music all night, around 1979. We never made it out to the hollow but made a few scenes around town happenings and Split Trail saloon; roll a joint along with your draw until burned to the ground then the Armadillo hangout along with the real street scenes. Couple festival events she went topless naturally and even at town lake Zilker park the townsfolk felt free to bare a few breasts keeping the lower garb on within Austin city limits. But finally went that summer and paid $6 parking fee the old hippies probably didn't have. Also now more a local attraction then a lone hollow and tree lined paths. Driving up the winding road now built well like west Austin that a side road finally dipped down to the hollow. There was a crowd sunning outside but beyond the trees was not a shoreline but an edge of rocks you could sit and bake then make your way to the water on jagged rocks you had to be very careful with your steps. I saw a trio of receptionists look like first time visit hearing their nervous jokes and baring only top go into the water and one fall badly backwards with a pain of rock point into her sole. The main entrance still mostly good folk no longer whats happening or nodding just a cool look striding naked. I saw to the left the path winding up and an plateau of flat rock and mesquite shade of well seasoned folk gathering with chairs their social area. Did see a lot of guys and buddies tatooed sitting around watching more than swimming. There still were a few ladies and a few quite attractive young girls with boyfriends just being natural. Cool. But above the upper teir doubt if the hippies had buildings of stone now built atop the cove like a Greek Olympus that had their own side of prime rib high above their smoother trail down to their own dock. The hippie hollow part of the lake now lined in a semi-circle of bouncing floats the smaller area now out in the open for the latte folk in designer swimsuit boat across the lake cutting in close to the demarc line taking a closer look at the naked people out in the open sitting on ledges of slab then dance across the sharp broken rock watching boobs and dicks swing in the breeze a jerky motion since there was no smooth trail made for the swimmers. I went out a few times those two months and a half around Austin though a bit older and a wife back in KS a blast from the past. But it was freaking hot the whole time that while sunning bare ass on rock and sunrays cooking tender areas usually always covered give up the natural tanning and seeing a couple older hipters noting my quick jump up realizing I was about overdone laugh about feeling like a lizard basking in the desert heat having thicker skin than ours absorbing the rays than the alarm bells ringing something's on fire than a slow burn getting brown.  But enjoyed finally being the natural nudist when life took be again to KS instead of Austin after old lady and I split while working Houston construction still young enough to fuck things up like most 20s folk do. Went back to the wife once an acid queen of yore but kids made her sober and then myself being in Kansas of very few open areas for nudists to be free out in the open air. Though me going back to openness and organic food not found up here, only store bought packaged boxes and closed minded party polictics, created the second divorce. Found the nudist lake up here but very scant and scorned by neighbors glaring at cars leaving the pond of nudes. Not the same as hippie hollow out in the open with the neighbors only pulling in for a closer look. Guess it's still behind closed doors around these parts. 

• View author's info Posted on Aug 19, 2013 at 04:05 AM

hello we are a  cpl here in ga now, but live in austin tx at one time  for years, my wife and i love to go to hippie  hollow  , i worrd overseas and she is a teacher , so  for  us it was fun ,now we live in ga  and we are looking for good friends, to get to know , we have did a lots of thing  but the best of all  is we love being nude  we are dehblk1  at  yahoo plz hit us up  and help ok

• View author's info Posted on Apr 09, 2013 at 07:33 AM

Quoting btrudo01:

I remember the first time I went to Hippie Hollow, I always went nude but I was always afraid of getting an erection.  I found out from other males that it was OK to get an erection as long as you didn't play with it (masturbating where people can see you is an arestable offence).  After I had been going to Hippie Hollow for about 3 months, I wasn't embarassed about getting an erection.  The only problem was that I got some comments about my penis from homosexuals.

if men get an erection at hippie or any other nude resort to me it is not something to frown upon, it is just nature. at hippie if anyone is caught masturbating or have sex it is an arrestable offence. for me if a man gets an erection seeing me i take it as a compliment. there is a section where the gay men hang out, the ones that i have talk to were very nice. the only thing i did not like about hippie is that some men go there just to watch. they sit or stand drinking thier beer, i would not mind but i find thier gawking offensive. there was no need to gawk, had they been civil it would have been a better experince
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 09, 2013 at 05:39 AM

i have fond memories of hippie hollow, that was the first resort that i went to. i went with brother and one of his friends. there were just as surprized as me when i decided to get naked and enjoy the sunrays. what i have noticed since i have been going there, it was very rare to see another latina girl there. there has to be latina girls that are nudist but other than seeing 2 in the many times i had been was a surprize for me. i enjoy my time there and now that i am married hope to take my hub with me.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 04, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I remember the first time I went to Hippie Hollow, I always went nude but I was always afraid of getting an erection.  I found out from other males that it was OK to get an erection as long as you didn't play with it (masturbating where people can see you is an arestable offence).  After I had been going to Hippie Hollow for about 3 months, I wasn't embarassed about getting an erection.  The only problem was that I got some comments about my penis from homosexuals.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 16, 2013 at 06:11 AM

I visited Hippy Hollow several times in '88 when I was there on business.  It was great and I'd like to go back some day..............................keep saying that and 25 years have passed.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 05, 2013 at 08:46 AM

Blk and Christian wow!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 30, 2012 at 05:49 PM

My sister lives in Austin, I've not been to Hippie Hollow yet but it's on my bucket list!  I've heard the most awesome stories about it.  Any other fellow nudists that have been there, please share your experiences with me.
    Pix
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 31, 2012 at 02:26 PM

I first discovered Hippie Hollow after a Willie Nelson Picnic in 1975.
    I was amazed...to say the least!
    A state park...for nudists! Gotta love Austin, huh?
    I have been back a few times over the years.
    Am interested in getting back into the lifestyle.
    Will always have fond memories of Hippie Hollow!!
    Matt
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I was at ft. hood and visited lake travis a few times. this was in 1969. I remember dam sliding. some did it naked. The dam was covered with moss where ever the water ran down the spillways so it was very slick and the higher up you started out the faster you went. Even though I was one of the minority at that time - people didn't make a big deal of our nudity, and it was great fun. Years later I heard that the cops started arresting people for sliding down the face of Travis dam.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 17, 2012 at 07:16 PM

Cool story, I love that park!  It's got a few drawbacks, but over all it's where I like to be as often as possible when it's warm out.  With the lake level so low, it's almost like a whole new park.
Follow - email me when people comment