EXPOSING FEMALE GENITALIA Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 19, 2006 at 08:57 AM

I've often wondered why this is never discussed - how much of the female genitals is "acceptable" to expose? Unlike men, of course, ours is hidden between the legs and lips. For us to get the exhilerating feeling of the sun and wind on that part of the body, it's necessary to spread them - and I mean specifically when I'm on a beach, and a not-so-crowded one. I'm interested in how others feel about this because it may seem perverted, but to me, the main reason for being nude is because it feels wonderful to have all of your senses alive without the restriction of clothing between your body and the great outdoors!
  • 111Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 23, 2017 at 10:21 PM

I don't see the issue unless all you want is attention, but I wouldn't see it that way on the beach! Personally, I like spreading!

• View author's info Posted on Oct 18, 2017 at 02:48 PM

I usually spread my legs while sunbathing on the beach. I don't mind if people stare. I've been doing it since i was a child! Though when I was 11 I stopped for a while due to body changes and pubic hair, but I started again at 13. I don't see a problem

• View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2017 at 06:03 PM

My wife lies on the beach knees up legs apart and enjoys people staring at her parts! Getting sunshine on the hole of her body!

• View author's info Posted on Sep 28, 2017 at 10:19 PM

Quoting ivan83:

i dont think there should be much discussion, any position is acceptable for naturist, true ones of course, but voyeours will stare at clothed ones or semi exposed, nevertheless a nudist and wind taking positions, the problem is to find a place for naturists only, not mixed perverts, voyeours and naturists

The nudist resort/club, particularily the family-oriented ones, are typically more "conservative"; and usually voyeurs and exhibitionists are weeded out.  Thus, it is a safer environment for women to be comfortable.  My wife never had any issues there with open-legged postures.  Sure, people do look; but since they are more aware of etiquette and well-behaved, it's more "gazing" than "staring."  Which is a lot less uncomfortable or intrusive.

That being said, spread-eagled postures are generally frowned upon at the family nudist resort.

The nude beach has no such rules and isn't as restricted.  So it attracts all kinds of people.

When the wife and I went to a nude beach on an island while on vacation, she took full advantage of the "openness" of the beach and sunbathed spread-eagled.  And consequently she was "stared at" by textile voyeurs.  Some women with an "exhibitionist inclination" don't care or even enjoy it.  But it can be a pain for a woman who doesn't like being stared at.  

As far as my wife her attitude was "if they want to look and enjoy it, good for them, I don't care; we don't live here anyway."  But that's because she has grown comfortable with people looking at her and sees it as a compliment.  But for a woman who is not that confident and wants to sunbathe naturally, the nude beach might not be the best option.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 28, 2017 at 03:15 PM

i dont think there should be much discussion, any position is acceptable for naturist, true ones of course, but voyeours will stare at clothed ones or semi exposed, nevertheless a nudist and wind taking positions, the problem is to find a place for naturists only, not mixed perverts, voyeours and naturists

• View author's info Posted on Sep 28, 2017 at 01:37 PM

I agree with Jenna6000. The main reason for nudity outdoors is to enjoy nature. However, I am also a bit of an exhibitionist. I like to spread and be noticed. 

• View author's info Posted on Sep 27, 2017 at 10:17 PM

Quoting leo1048:

It is similar for men if you get a erection on the nudist beach it is frowned on by other people ,providing you are not showing it in a sexual way it should not be a problem,  a fully erect throbbing penis is a very beautiful thing to look at Young should not be a shamed to show your erect penis on a nudist beach providing no children are around,men be proud of you erect penis and show it to people who enjoy looking at men,s erection,s.

I don't really feel you can compare an open-legged posture from a woman - or even erect nipples - to a throbbing erection from a man.

Granted, if the woman is completely smooth or has a large labia, there can be more of a "visual" element there.  But unless she is an exhibitionist, she is just relaxing/sunning in a way that's comfortable to her; and not purposefully "displaying" herself.  As opposed to an erection which has a definite sexual connation.

I am not passing judgement here; I'm just saying they're not quite the same thing.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 27, 2017 at 01:59 AM

It is similar for men if you get a erection on the nudist beach it is frowned on by other people ,providing you are not showing it in a sexual way it should not be a problem,  a fully erect throbbing penis is a very beautiful thing to look at Young should not be a shamed to show your erect penis on a nudist beach providing no children are around,men be proud of you erect penis and show it to people who enjoy looking at men,s erection,s.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 22, 2017 at 03:25 PM

It is perfectly natural to let the wind and sun reach all parts of your body whilst at a nude beach, and its really up the individual and especially the ladies how much they expose, as long as either males or females are not practising sexual activities its perfectly OK.  

• View author's info Posted on Sep 21, 2017 at 09:12 AM

I agree with that.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 20, 2017 at 04:21 AM

Whatever a woman is comfortable with without trying to seem like she is just trolling.. More usual it seems that men have to be the more concious of erections and such around groups.. Many treat that as being perverted if not kept in check.. but as you say your buns are well hidden.. and if by chance you display a cameltoe or more I have never known men to complain.. 

• View author's info Posted on Aug 22, 2017 at 10:27 AM

My wife used to be very self-conscious when we first started out in nudism.  She was concerned about showing "too much" and what was "appropriate"; and so she kept her legs closed or crossed at all times.

Her attititude about showing "too much" progressively started changing.  She found that she didn't enjoy being naked as much when she was constantly concerned about her labia showing; and constantly keeping her legs closed was uncomfortable and impractical.  She finally had a "the heck with this" moment one day, and while applying sunscreen, decided she was "done" hiding.  Much to my surprise at the time, she finally opened her legs, applying sunscreen in a much more comfortable position for her.

I guess she found the experience liberating.  She started shaving and stopped keeping her legs closed, sitting and lying in positions that were much more comfortable for her.  She admittedly enjoyed the feeling of letting her vagina "breathe."  Her attitude about her labia being visible to others changed to just not caring.  She would say that if other people were bothered by it, they could look or walk away.  I agreed wholeheartedly.  

She wasn't exhibitionistic about it; she was just going for what felt natural to her.  Things like climbing out of the pool, applying sunscreen, sitting on the ledge of the hottub while conversating; she did without much ado about "how much" other people could see while doing those activities. We have met some female nudists who subscribed to the same philosophy; and we have met some that didn't.  I personally think that's how nudism is "meant" to be expereinced, as it should be about freedom as much for women as it is for men.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 23, 2016 at 11:30 AM

Quoting jenna6000:

I've often wondered why this is never discussed - how much of the female genitals is "acceptable" to expose? Unlike men, of course, ours is hidden between the legs and lips. For us to get the exhilerating feeling of the sun and wind on that part of the body, it's necessary to spread them - and I mean specifically when I'm on a beach, and a not-so-crowded one. I'm interested in how others feel about this because it may seem perverted, but to me, the main reason for being nude is because it feels wonderful to have all of your senses alive without the restriction of clothing between your body and the great outdoors!

I think that it defeats the point of a nude beach to have to cover up any portion of one's body.  One might as well go to a topless beach if that were a concern.  I wouldn't worry about it.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 26, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Is what exactly asked me my ex girlfriend the first time i convinced her to get naked on a nudist beach.

My answer was:

nudism is get totally naked and comfortable with other naked people around. So, if you like an allover tan spread your legs. If someone watch inside you have to be glad, it means you still have an attractive body !

At the end of the day she was pround and excited by the number of young males who looked at her intimate beauty.

• View author's info Posted on Feb 25, 2015 at 03:59 PM

Agree with above comment(if this reply goes directly under that comment , I hope.).  Men also,if they want a full body tan,,need to spread their legs too, maybe more than a woman even,,,to get sun tanned in folds between thighs and their 'sac.,,,often with a bit of 'readjusting the merchandise' from side to side, or laying on their side to get all that area hidden in shadow,,out into the sun for a tan.  Same on your butt side , men or women.  I''m glad I don't have so much butt fat that I end up with a bright white 'crease' between the end of my ass and the start of the back of my thighs.  Tough spot to spread out and get an even tan on for sure.  

• View author's info Posted on Nov 29, 2014 at 07:49 AM

I thinkit is all what you are used to. For the woman it is what ever you feel comfortable with. And for the viewer I just remember the first time I was at a topless beach. I looked at first but after a short while, well if you've seen one(two) you've seen them all.

• View author's info Posted on Jan 27, 2014 at 08:09 PM

Well Jenna I say lay out how ever you like.  Its not like you are out there making a spectacle of yourself.  I don't any nudist/naturist on a designated nude beach would say anything but a textilist making their first visit may, do to their lack of knowledge about our lifestyle.  Maybe at that point you could try educating them on what is accessible and what is not.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 17, 2013 at 03:39 PM

Jenna, it's all about being "NUDE", okay?  I have a Penis and it's in the Sun when I'm nude.  You have your parts that are also in the Sun.  Just apply Sun-Screen and enjoy the day.  Open legs are okay for both Men & Women.  Why would it matter?  We are Nudists, right?  A nice trim on your bush is always nice for us "lookers", so be careful and take care, "taking care" of that patch.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 09, 2013 at 10:27 AM

A woman has nothing to be ashamed of for exposing her genitalia. It is part of who she is. Enjoy the sun.
Follow - email me when people comment