shy about myself. Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jun 17, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I've never really been much of a nudist, but always wanted to be one.

I lived in Alabama with my best friend and her bf. I was unemployed, and whenever I had the house to myself, I would spend my time in the nude, and live on with my day in the nude until my roommates came home. I also used to sleep in the nude.

I've always dreamt of owning some land, out in the middle of nowhere, so I could go outside in my yard, completely in the nude without having to worry about people seeing me.

I'm only 19, 5'9", and weight about 110-115lbs. I live with my bf and his dad. I don't think my bf and his dad are exactly "nudist friendly." Even if they were, I'd still be too shy to be nude in front of his dad.

I've always been shy about my body. When I was a kid, my mom would have to make me take my shirt off at the beach, and when we went to a pool. I feel exposed without a shirt. I always feel the need to cover myself when I don't wear a shirt.

I hate being shy about it, but I just can't help it. I'm trying to "break" myself from being shy, but Idk what to do. I wanna go to a nude beach, or resort to hopefully "free" myself, in hope I can become more comfortable with other people seeing me nude, or with just a pair of pants and no shirt.

When I was younger, I always thought about burning all my shirts so I'd be forced to not wear one (and get over being shy about it), but that's not exactly realistic. Jobs require one, as well as most stores ("no shirt, no shoes, no service").

I also thought about toning up when I got older, gaining some muscle so my body is more attractive so then I would feel more comfortable with people seeing me without a shirt, but I know even if I did that, I'd still feel shy about it. I would still feel like im exposing myself.

My actual problem is though, I'm only shy about the waist up. I could walk around with just a shirt, no boxers, no pants, and wouldn't be shy at all.

I want some help. I don't want to be shy anymore,
  • 3Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 20, 2015 at 06:30 AM

U feel the way most women do I think.A bottomless women shows only hair unless she opens her legs.A man however when he drops his pants well theres no hiding LOL.The best way to get over it is to just do it.U might want to let others know u are a nudest.I am the nudest my wife is very shy.Like most American women.

• View author's info Recommended Posted on Oct 05, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Hi man,

I feel the same as you. I want to buy a place in a warm or hot state to be nude outside all year. I also want to have a lot land to keep clothed people away from me. I fee the same as you. I live by my self and I am naked in my house when I have free time.

from,

Jason

• View author's info Posted on Jun 17, 2010 at 05:48 AM

I was the same way as a teenager - skinny and insecure. I didn't want to take my shirt off around people either. But I enjoyed being naked by myself. Slowly over time I began to realize it didn't matter how other people viewed me, I just had to be myself. I still am only nude when I'm by myself, and sleep naked. I hope to find other people here to share that with, but it's nice to be free to undress even if I'm alone. So be naked as much as you can by yourself, and gradually you will get more comfortable with your body. That will lead to feeling less shy around people. Hang in there, it will get better.
Follow - email me when people comment