Since when does naked mean gay? nude friends and more Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Oct 19, 2005 at 01:36 PM

I think it's too bad that guys have to be -- or think they have to be -- gay or bi to meet on a site like this or just hang out with other naked guys.

Back in my fraternity days, being naked together wasn't a big deal -- if anything it was funny. And it never, never became sexual. Why should it?

But I've noticed that guys aren't comfortable with other guys talking to them on here. And that's too bad. It just seems a natural fit to go to your own sex first, even gay guys like me, if only for shared interests. Being naked makes sex accessible, but not madatory.

I say relax, guys. Take off your pants, sit down, and let's watch 'Snatch' until Ultimate Fighter 2 comes on.

Am I way off on this one or do others feel similarly?
    I think it's too bad that guys have to be -- or think they have to be -- gay or bi to meet on a site like this or just hang out with other naked guys.

Back in my fraternity days, being naked together wasn't a big deal -- if anything it was funny. And it never, never became sexual. Why should it?

But I've noticed that guys aren't comfortable with other guys talking to them on here. And that's too bad. It just seems a natural fit to go to your own sex first, even gay guys like me, if only for shared interests. Being naked makes sex accessible, but not madatory.

I say relax, guys. Take off your pants, sit down, and let's watch 'Snatch' until Ultimate Fighter 2 comes on.

Am I way off on this one or do others feel similarly?

Members Only

• 29Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 11, 2011 at 08:33 AM

I grew up playing sports, it seemed like I was always naked with a room full of teammates and never thought anything about it, much less anything gay. Now I have friends of all persuasions and orientations that regularly meet up to hang out together naked, but it's just a bunch of bare bottom buddies having fun. There's never any awkwardness because we understand our differences and respect those, even when we are goofing off and razing each other.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 27, 2009 at 01:48 AM

Until you live in a place where nudity is indeed frowned upon,its easy to criticize .Being nude in any company is nice, gay or otherwise. Everybody likes to be admired and have nice comments made about their body.The naked body is for holding all the inside bits in place. We are all naked under our cloths, some people may deny this.....
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 20, 2009 at 11:29 AM

No DUH! Have been seeking hetero female associations, but gay intrusions far outnumber my solicitations. Go figure!

What part of my profile don't they grasp? I outgrew my homo curiosities during my pre-adolescence. My prof so illustrates without doubt.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Dec 30, 2008 at 11:54 PM

I WOULD GUESS THAT THOSE STR8 MALES WHO
    FIND YOU THREATENING ARE PROBABLY EITHER
    INSECURE IN THEIR OWN SEXUALITY OR JUST
    PLAIN IGNORANT. PROBABLY THINK ITS CATCHY. THERE'S A PLACE FOR EVERYONE HERE...WELCOME, AND PROSPER IN YOUR NAKEDNESS...FRANKSAN
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 12, 2008 at 12:25 AM

I totally agree. I think many men would love to hang out naked with their friends. That's where team sports are so good getting guys together. I missed out on all that and I am really body shy so I don't do sports and don't have a close group of male friends. I would love to be able to have a group of male friends where we could go nude hiking or off to a beach. I occasionally go to London to the spas so I can hang out naked with other men but there isn't really much conversaton.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 04, 2007 at 01:33 PM

Absolutely does not mean gay. Some people are just not that comfortable with their state of mind.

BTW, Zeca, I love your action poses. Very artistic, i might add.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Apr 17, 2007 at 08:34 AM

I agree with you totally. I'm a gay man myself, but being a nudist for me has nothing to do with sex, as it should be. I dont mind at all hanging out with other nudists and even wish other straight guys would not be all about just getting together and hooking up with chicks. I wish that we, as men, could just hang out and do normal things like outdoor activity, swim, play games or any other kinda "guy" stuff, in the nude, without it being a sexual thing. Or afraid cuz they might be considered gay.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 20, 2006 at 09:42 AM

WE now live in N France and have no problems with bi or GAY people/couples as we are all naturists
    WE found when w elive din UK that YES GUYS used to come ob to us and if first on the beach they would make a bee line for us.
    If any one would like to chat pleas elet us know as very open minded couple

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 04, 2006 at 07:03 AM

Very well put rugby.

I've been a nudist for years. I'm straight but it doesn't make any difference to me if my friends are straight, gay or bi.

There are quite a few exceptions on this site, but i think that most of us are here to share the nudist lifestyle, not for sex. If your goal is to be a nudist among other nudists, it shouldn't make any difference what your sexual persuation is.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 01, 2006 at 09:23 AM

ditto.......You did a fantastic job of putting that thought into words we all should listen to...over and over again...gay nude does not always mean lewd..
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 03, 2006 at 08:14 PM

Nudism means freedom...You can be gay or str8 or anything but we all together are nudists...
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 03, 2006 at 03:27 PM

Strange, I remember back in high school sports, if a guy was extra careful not expose his penis, he was called "gay." Now out in the so called real world, it's the opposite. People don't make any sense sometimes. I think some guys use "gay" as a general put down for anything different than them. Like the communist scare in the 50s and 60s, and the witch hunts in colonial times, people just naturally try to reject things that seem different to them. It's just sad that "gay" has become the modern label for it.

By the way, I am 100% straight. Never been a naturist before (unless you count locker rooms, saunas, and skinny dipping) but would like to try it at least once. That's why I'm here, investigation.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 02, 2006 at 04:54 AM

I thought that this site was a nudist site and that the members were on it to exchange chat and information between members, I would hate to thank I was a member of a club that that has the same thinking as most nudist clubs and that is if you are a single or gay guy you will give trouble so boot them out. I am gay and in the past when stripped off I get more trouble from the married guys that just want to taste what is to them the forbidden fruit. Please we are nudists that enjoy the freedom of being naked and I find that when stripped of clothes we are only one thing and that's nudist and I am not interested what the guys round me do in bed and if I chat to them its not for sex but that they are nudists and why not admire their bodies but on the beach that's as far as it goes. On here I am happy to chat with anyone and as one chats you can soon get the gist of their thoughts but so what we are adult . So guys I read moans from people that are not winked and also the ones that are. Its just a wink and there are plenty of replies that are polite to send back and it costs nothing to be polite to our fellow nudists. I will say why there so many guys on is the fact as I said before we are not welcome most places and this is an ideal place to mix and maybe make new friend, so lets relax and enjoy being naked
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2006 at 09:31 AM

I don't know. The whole thing about Free Body Culture is experiencing life naked. Although I'm very leary of the winks I've been getting, I don't see any harm is being with a bunch of guys naked.

Nudity is natural and being naked is reclaiming a childlike innocence that was lost. I'm a naturist and a Christian also. I don't find the Gay lifestyle attractive at all, simply because I know what the ramifications are in following that lifestyle.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 20, 2006 at 08:24 AM

Rugby asks some excellent questions and makes some excellent points. I'm a guy. I like guy friends to hang out with- DUH!! Similarly, I'm a nudist and would like to hang out with fellow guy nudists in nudist settings. I have one very good buddy who likes to go to the nude beach, too. Unfortunately for me, he lives near it and I don't. However, we have been to it together, and not once did it seem "gay" to us. When we ARE together, we're frequently naked. We're bestest friends and enjoy being naked! As for anyone on the beach who might suspect otherwise......Oh well!
  • View author's info Posted on May 26, 2006 at 11:52 AM

Very true Hhernacktlaufer...I actually have met in person a straight guy in NRW, Germany who enjoys nudism. And from this site too and he took me to a little lake near his city. We correspond and actually have become nude buddies. My preference is for guys but it doesn't mean one can't have good nudist male friends without being it gay or straight or sexual.

I guess it's the same experience for straight women who probably get hit on more often by straight guys on this site than straight guys getting hit on by gay dudes.
  • View author's info Posted on May 05, 2006 at 09:15 PM

I like the way you articulated your question and all of the answers show this is a pretty open minded group of people. I have been to nude beaches and hot springs all over the world and have yet to meet someone I did not like - no pretense - like we all bond on a new found freedom and who wants to ruin that by overstepping our boundaries? I think sex is OK between same sex or opposite. Funny though, in true naturist scenarios I have to agree that sex takes a back seat to the friendship and isn't that healthier anyway. We have alot to learn as a society and these discussions and nude events are a great start. The body is a beautiful thing and yet it i sour spirits that we are freeing up. LOL
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 14, 2006 at 08:34 PM

Another good response sunman.Being nude means not worrying about your own looks.just let yourself be free to do what you nee d to do
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 11, 2006 at 04:20 AM

I will just throw in my two cents here for what it is worth. I don't think that for most men who are comfortable within themselves the issue is whether a person is gay or straight. The real issue is respect and acceptance of others. I have found some straight men here who are constantly being hit upon by gay men and yet they clearly state that they do not want this. I have also found some gay men who have to endure nasty comments and being lumped in with the gay men who are not respecting of others. The important thing here is to try and maintain the live and let live attitude. If everyone respected each other's sexual orientation no matter what it is then I think that this would be a much more relaxed site. This site would also be a much better site if it was easier to find other real nudists who are interested in friendship and chatting about a wide variety of topics ie sports, activities, interests. There appears to be far too much sex talk and this turns many away.
Follow - email me when people comment