first time nude modelling Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Apr 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Anyone have experience modeling for students/artists? I like to sketch in a couple of drawing studios, and last year I was asked if I would be willing to model. I first said no! - felt uncomfortable with the idea of posing in the buff before a large group. But, they kept asking, and I recently said ok - to the surprise of many including myself! I was very nervous anticipating the first time, butterflies in my stomach. I came out wearing a robe, and there were about 40 people - many familiar faces - waiting for me to remove it. I was VERY nervous as I took off the robe and stepped up onto the platform, and everyone got very quiet, you could have heard a pin drop. They asked me to do several different poses, short ones first, so I turned every which way and tried to be creative. I posed for over three hours, with a brief break. In one of my poses I stood still as a statue for an hour, feeling the air conditioning all over my skin, as people studied my figure. One artist even gave me a beautiful charcoal sketch of myself. I have two more gigs lined up - one in a large university. What about any of you???

Members Only

• 15Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 12, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Well first time I model was after seeing an advert for life models and thought like give it a go. Like yourself, first time nervous and standing waiting in my robe as about 25 artists were setting up was probably the worst part. Once modelling I relaxed and enjoyed the experience have have continued to model regular since.

• View author's info Posted on Apr 14, 2015 at 08:28 AM

I am hardly an artist,,but went to a nudist event last fall that was awesome..  Our group of nudists rented out a studio for a 5hour afternoon.  2 female instructors led us through our work on canvas.  Once the class was totally naked and at work,,,they realized we were just normal fun people.  (you get to BYOB and snacks to the event).  We had two of our nude members volunteer to be our models,,and they rotated up and off the platform, one man, one woman.  I think about 90% of the class chose to draw the woman, as I did. Pics show the effort, and one of our superb instructors.  We invited her to attend one of our nude events in return,,but not sure if she will be bold enough to try.  We go back for another painting session this May,,and I've already got an idea of my next artistic effort.  Not too bad for a beginner she told me.   

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Mar 11, 2015 at 09:56 PM

it sounds like you like modeling.  If you are interested in going further check out model mayhem it is a free site where models can meet photographers, etc. for projects.  I am a photographer and am listed on it.

Bill

• View author's info Posted on Nov 18, 2012 at 01:18 PM

sounds interesting
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 24, 2012 at 06:13 AM

hi all, i posed naked for a photographer in the 80s, i was a lot fitter then and he stopped me doing it during the first session, cos i kept getting a hard on and no matter what i did it wouldnt go away, so he had to change the subject matter to a different format, later i found out that he was gay and he kept all the pics for himself,  i wondered at the time why he was naked as well, and he was dripping like an elephant in musk!!!   shouldve charged more,,lol.
  • View author's info Posted on May 16, 2011 at 06:17 PM

Thank You For comments and Advise

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Mar 16, 2011 at 05:10 PM

im mike

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Dec 30, 2010 at 02:41 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. Since I originally posted this, I have posed a handful more times - at another art gallery, two private residences, and for two college courses. All very "professional", everyone respectful, me very naked. My boyfriend was skeptical - and possessive - at first about the idea of others seeing me in the buff, but he's done a complete 180 and now encourages me, saying it actually turns him on.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 06, 2010 at 07:38 PM

I began modeling in the Central Florida area almost five years ago. It has been great fun and I have made many lifetime friends. I even teach a workshop on how to be an artist's model in the Orlando area. Like you, I was nervous at first, but once you realize that the artists are interested in drawing and not voyerism, it is great. I have even been modeling as a part of the Nude Nite event in Orlando every year for the past few years. Hundreds of people watch you as you model for a select group of artists. Next workshop will be Spring 2011 at the Maitland Art Center. I hope to see some of you there. You will not regret modeling!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 08, 2010 at 03:33 PM

Wow, looking at the sketch you've added in your post, I wish I could have been at that art class too
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 07, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I was a nude model for an art class back in the 70's. It really satisfied the exhibitionist in me. My wife knew about it and thought I was crazy. Then one day she showed up for class. The instructor convinced her to strip and join me on the platform. We did a few different poses that day. The students got a two-for-one.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jul 01, 2010 at 02:34 PM

I do lots of nude photo shoots and most styles, I love it and photographers always book return shoots with me. Jenny
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 30, 2010 at 06:23 AM

I'm reading that stories and as a nudist I figured aout I would like to try this, too. Just for fun or hobby. Where to start?
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2009 at 03:28 AM

I have done this too. Only for the money. I was neither nervous nor shy. I thought it is absolutely normal and nothing special to it.
    I cannot understand why you, lavonj, were very nervous. You have a beautiful body, you could be proud to show it. Although this is not the point when posing as a model for drawing classes.
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2009 at 01:29 AM

I am a nude model, one book that gives me some new ideas to do is this book.
    The nude Figure, A visual reference for the artist
    by, Mark Edward Smith
Follow - email me when people comment